Welcome to the Scrambler Forums! The #1 forum for Ducati Scrambler Owners and Enthusiast around the world!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

Crashed on my Scrambler Classic

Discussion in 'Scrambler Talk' started by kopper, Jun 6, 2017.

1. kopper

kopper Active Member

Gallery:
    hi guys

I had an accident last sunday I was riding my bike and like a 1 or 2 kilometers before the accident my handlebar wobble and stopped...but the second time it wobbled too much and made me crash....
    thanks a God I am really ok
    my left ankle has a sprain and some back and waist paint and also my right arm is in little paint...
    I was wearing full gear that really help me a lot right now the motorcycle is waiting for me at my dealer to tell them what happened and taking a look so I suppose I have to be patient now

here some pictures
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    |

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Member

Gallery:
    Bummer, but I'm glad you're doing ok. That's more important than the bike.

If you haven't been seen by a doctor yet, go do that - especially with the back pain. That's not something you want to screw around with.

3. Doctor T

Doctor T New Member

Gallery:
    Sorry to hear about that but glad you're ok. Any idea what caused the wobble?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

4. kopper

kopper Active Member

Gallery:
    not really sure but I know that was not the first time I had that problem with bumpy roads or not

5. kopper

kopper Active Member

Gallery:
    I am really not sure it its normal or my bike had a problem
    I read some threads it was quite normal for this bike so I am not sure now if it was only my bike

6. SoCal Scrambler

SoCal Scrambler Member

Gallery:
    Glad you're alright man, I'm sorry about you and your bike, those pictures are hard to look at but serves as a sobering reminder of the risks we take. Definitely take care of yourself first, and hopefully you're back in the saddle sooner rather than later.

As far as the wobbles, I get those too on uneven pavement, but I think it's just the suspension that's unable to deal with the terrain. I'm not saying it was the same situation with you, but do you think having had a steering damper would have helped?

• Like Like x 1
  7. kjs

kjs Member

Gallery:
    After 3500 miles, I've not experienced handle bar wobbles. I really don't think that's normal.

Either way, glad you are ok. That bike is totally fucked.

8. kopper

kopper Active Member

Gallery:
    not really sure I know when rode with my brother I mean more weigh on the bike I did not have that wobble

9. Fred78

Fred78 New Member

Gallery:
    it looks very hard core!take care of u.Good than u have not so much damage as u re bike...
    i hope u re bike can be fixed.
    Good luck to u

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  10. dedave

dedave New Member

Gallery:
    Glad you're OK. My Sixty2 it is rock solid always. I have a Husky tr650 that wobbles at speeds of 70 and up. But it has knobbies and that is when I noticed the change. You have stock tires, so either you were going way fast or there is/was a problem with the bike.

Bike looks pretty messed up. You going to fix it?

11. kopper

kopper Active Member

Gallery:
    yeah dealer is going to take a look and see what the insurance can do

12. Airsafari87

Airsafari87 Active Member

Gallery:
    Are these wobbles occurring all the time? Or only when you are hard on the gas on uneven road surfaces?

Maybe it is the difference in the bars between Icon/Classics and the Full Throttle that I have, But I have only once had 1 very minor tank slapper (wobble) on mine. That was totally my fault though as I was taking the p*ss and was hard on the gas coming out of a corner with a very rippled road surface. It only shook the bars once or twice though and then everything was fine, it didn't warrant letting off the gas either.

Now if your wobbles/tank slappers are more frequent and occurring during normal riding then something else a bit sinister is at work here. I'm unsure what though?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted