Welcome to the Scrambler Forums! The #1 forum for Ducati Scrambler Owners and Enthusiast around the world!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

Just arrived

Discussion in 'Scrambler Pictures/Videos' started by Blacktom, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Blacktom

Blacktom New Member

Gallery:
    IMG_2537.JPG from a lovely run around Argyll on my new CR. Time for a seat with a view.

Had the bike for 3 weeks now & great fun

Now it's time for some mods. I was thinking of :

Led indicators
    Dart Flyscreen ( slight mod to h/l cowl required )
    Altering the race no plates like member starvmarv black with gold numbers.

Also needs to be a touch louder/throaty so need to look at best options

• Like Like x 4
  2. tlmfg

tlmfg New Member

Gallery:
    Beautiful! I've had mine about three weeks as well. It's been pure bliss.

3. Sidtheranger

Sidtheranger Member

Gallery:
    Very nice

4. Marcinko

Marcinko New Member

Gallery:
    Nice bike. I've had my CR about six weeks now. Definitely would like to have a few more decibels from the termi. I've also noticed the bike transitions from left to right much slower than I would like and requires more effort as well.

I love the styling and the power is adequate, but I feel like I could have gotten more for my money with the 821 Monster. Despite the $11,400 price tag the Cafe Racer still feels like an $8000 bike unfortunately.

5. TC3

TC3 Well-Known Member

Gallery:
    I would advise getting the Andreani fork kit fitted, makes the steering MUCH more responsive :)

6. Marcinko

Marcinko New Member

Gallery:
    What's that normally cost?

7. TC3

TC3 Well-Known Member

Gallery:
    No idea what it costs in your country but am sure others will chip in soon to say

8. starvmarv

starvmarv New Member

Gallery:
    Welcome! I too am going on my 3rd week with the Bike haha. But it's been raining for too often, an nowhere near the break in period (i've only done 200 miles)

9. Marcinko

Marcinko New Member

Gallery:
    I realized this came out a little harsh. I really like my Cafe Racer it's a great all around sport bike, with that nice old school feel. I guess I shouldn't expect it to have race bike handling qualities, and carve corners like a scalpel. I do think it's a little pricier than it should be, but then again I don't want to see them all over town either; sorry ducati, so maybe the price will help with that. The bike is great fun and handles good enough. I just need to learn to press on the clipon's a little harder in transitions, as it's not anywhere near as flickable as the Yamaha R6 I am coming off of.

10. Blacktom

Blacktom New Member

Gallery:
    IMG_2552.JPG So finished the mods I wanted to do. The side panels were tricky as I didn't get the correct Gold match after taking ages masking it all up with bendy masking tape.

I still think it looks better though. The flyscreen by Dart also wasn't a straight fit. I knew that I would have to cut out some of the existing headlamp cowl to allow the screen brackets to be installed but I am really pleased with the results, it's just the look I wanted for my CR now that I've fitted also the LED indicators

IMG_2565.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG

BTW. Maybe it's just me but I found getting the tank on & off and the headlight ( much easier for doing the indicators ) an absolute PIA due to the fuel connections & the headlight adj screw. Not more tinkering for a while for me. ​

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sidtheranger

Sidtheranger Member

Gallery:
    Great work there Blacktom, your efforts have paid off a treat. She looks really good.

12. Allthegear

Allthegear Member

Gallery:
    Love the new number board colours, really nice! I've had fitted the led's on the rear with the fronts being done at first service, just changed the reg plate for a 5 x 7 with a 54SCR denomination, oh and I've some R &G bits fitted too :)

• Like Like x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted