Welcome to the Scrambler Forums! The #1 forum for Ducati Scrambler Owners and Enthusiast around the world!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

Mustang seat heigh

Discussion in 'Scrambler Talk' started by Jakthedog, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Jakthedog

Jakthedog Member

Gallery:
    I've been trawling the internet looking for a seat for my F T. I like both the Sargent and the Mustang but the Sargent is £100 more expensive here in the U.K. My only reservation about the Mustang seat is the height. Some say it's lower, others say it's the same as the stock seat. Rather bizarrely, Mustang don't give any info on the height. I'm 6' 1" so I don't really want to go any lower. Can anyone help? The title should have read Mustang seat height of course. I tried to edit it but it wouldn't let me edit the title!

2. kjs

kjs Member

Gallery:
    The Mustang seat is also not waterproof. Just another consideration for your £100.

3. Eshenbaugh

Eshenbaugh Member

Gallery:
    Another option is the seat concepts foam and cover.

Its taller than the stock seat.

Products

4. Auriga

Auriga Active Member

Gallery:
    I am sure that the Mustang is lower in height than the oem on a Classic, but cannot measure them as I had my Classic seat modified by SaddleCraft, with a gel insert and 25 mm of, extra foam , so it is higher than standard.

5. Jakthedog

Jakthedog Member

Gallery:
    Thanks for your replies. Kjs, I had heard about them not being waterproof. Eshenbaugh, I have heard people saying the same about the Seat Concepts cover. Auriga, I think you're right so I am now considering a Mugello seat. It's a seat I really like but have been put off by the difficulty in ordering and the time it takes to arrive. I think I'm just going to have to chill out and accept that my new seat is going to take a while.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted