Welcome to the Scrambler Forums! The #1 forum for Ducati Scrambler Owners and Enthusiast around the world!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

Necessary modifications

Discussion in 'Scrambler How-To's and Guides' started by Vincent62, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Vincent62

Vincent62 New Member

Gallery:
    I was wondering what modifications people feel are necessary on the scrambler? I love the look of the bike, and although i may look to personalise it at some stage, what mods would owners deem as necessary?

2. greer

greer Well-Known Member

Gallery:
    Hello Vincent, welcome to the forum! I didn't like the hard, uncomfortable hand grips, so changed them right away. And I felt the foot pegs were slippery, so changed those. My FT seat was comfortable enough, but the suede type cover didn't let me move around the way I wanted to, so I bought a spare pan and went with a Seat Concepts kit. There have been other things, but those were first on the list, I think.

Sarah

3. LadyBishop

LadyBishop Active Member

Gallery:
    No changes are 'necessary' beyond subjective opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Vincent62

Vincent62 New Member

Gallery:
    I was thinking of getting a rear hugger. Every time I go out I come back with mud splattered up the back of my coat! Unavoidable in the U.K. but was wondering if a hugger would help.

5. Vincent62

Vincent62 New Member

Gallery:
    I was thinking along the lines of protecting the bike over cosmetic changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Auriga

Auriga Active Member

Gallery:
    The Powerbronze hugger helps but does not provide a complete cure, as the blade is too short

7. Auriga

Auriga Active Member

Gallery:
    Maxton modifications to the forks, and their rear shock are very helpful, particularly off Tarmac. A replacement silencer, such as a Scorpion, will save weight, as well as sound better.

8. littleowl

littleowl Well-Known Member

Gallery:
    From my own experience - I added Evotech crash bungs (which have saved the bike on two dropped occasions! :rolleyes: ), a Dart screen as wind buffeting is awful at high speeds, replaced the original handgrips (too hard and narrow) with more comfortable ones, had the seat resculpted and made more comfy, the original suspension replaced with a Nitron shock and the forks replaced with Andreani. Also done other stuff but those were pretty vital to me :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deano968

Deano968 Active Member

Gallery:
    Live with it for a while - you'll soon decide where you can make improvements, it's very subjective.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. takeiteasy

takeiteasy Member

Gallery:
    The seat, suspension, fueling, gas tank capacity & vibration at higher rpm's should be the first mods. After that it is all in the eye of the beholder.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dawid

dawid New Member

Gallery:
    I think you bought wrong bike takeiteasy :p

IMO the only must have is BoosterPlug, as unfortunately fuel mixture by default is way too lean. And this is something you can really feel while driving (you can find few topics on the forum regarding to this problem) - air box backfire happens to me quite often, and it has to be healed. Of course optionally you can go for remapping.

Other than that I would say it depends only on you - if you don't like the seat, exhaust, grips etc. you can change them, but as Deano968 said, live with it for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Max Kool

Max Kool Active Member

Top Poster Of Month

Gallery:
    I would start by installing a 2017 throttle tube first.

• Like Like x 1