Welcome to the Scrambler Forums! The #1 forum for Ducati Scrambler Owners and Enthusiast around the world!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

Ohlins or Andriani fork cartridge

Discussion in 'Scrambler How-To's and Guides' started by Hardright, May 27, 2016.

1. Hardright

Hardright Member

Gallery:
    Am undecided on whether to go for the Ohlins or the Andriani. Anyone can share their experience?

2. mr shifter

mr shifter Active Member

Gallery:
    I've replaced the OEM shock and fork internals with an Ohlins rear shock and an Andriani kit which is a great improvement and I personally think that replacing the complete fork assembly is over kill..

Geoff.

3. Hardright

Hardright Member

Gallery:
    Hi Geoff, thanks for the quick revert. Not quite sure if I understood you correctly. You happy with the Andriani spring replacement? You think a fork replacement is not necessary?

4. vincelp

vincelp Active Member

Gallery:
    Hello

Lots of guys who change the internal mechanism of both fork legs for an Andreani kit seems to be really happy with it.

Ohlins seems to provide also a kit, but, as far as I know, no one, on any Scrambler forum, has yet mounted it.
    Ohlins also provides an entire fork, but the price is much higher than a simple kit.

There's a third way : the Maxton cartridge for the right leg. Many of us installed it and we are happy with it too. The improvment is real and the price is a little bit lower than the Andreani kit. It can also be mounted by a less experienced and equipped mechanic than the Andreani kit, which requires more tools and some machining on the left fork leg bottom part.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Smifff

Smifff Active Member

Gallery:
    Hardright,

I was happy with the forks but hated the rear shock, I fitted and am very happy with the M Shock.

Unfortunately when I got the shock set up, including ride height, it made the front feel terrible.

I've since had the Andriani cartridges fitted, now the suspension is great, the bike is a bit gutless but at least it rides well!

Suspension is very personal, so many things change the outcome, weight, height, riding style and usual riding surfaces, some on here have had success with different set ups or even none at all, it really is trial and error or get professional advice.

Hope that helps and good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  6. Hardright

Hardright Member

Gallery:
    Thank you all!

Most of my riding is on the road. Well, in my country, some road sections in the city are like off road. :)

I already have the Ohlins rear shock installed. I think I will go with the Adrian fork kit.

7. mr shifter

mr shifter Active Member

Gallery:
    I'm very happy with my set up what I ment by over kill was that replacing the whole fork assembly with the Ohlins kit is to me alittle expensive, I've seen a scrambler that's had the Ohlins forks fitted at the store but haven't ridden it or talked with the owner.

Geoff

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hardright

Hardright Member

Gallery:
    Thank you Geoff for the clarification.

9. littleowl

littleowl Well-Known Member

Gallery:
    I've got a Nitron shock and Andreani cartridges. Both have made an improvement but not to the extent I was hoping, whether this is because I'm relatively light compared to most others I don't know - possibly meaning the springs are still a little hard for me (although I had given my height and weight).

I haven't done a technical set up because I've had the Nitron shock shortened, and the seat lowered to accommodate my height (inside leg is pretty short - 28.25"!). If I alter the set up to suggested parameters via preload it cancels out all of that, so no point. I found that moving the forks up or down by a relatively smallest amount can have a big effect on the bike. So at the end of the day I've adjusted for how the bike feels to me and my style of riding - it may not be 'by the book' but it feels okay to me :)

10. Damnation

Damnation Member

Gallery:
    So.. I went crazy at the dealership and bought the full Monty. Will write a more thorough report after the track day.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. GHUG

GHUG New Member

Gallery:
    Damnation which mirrors are those? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. TC3

TC3 Well-Known Member

Gallery:
    They look similar to my Oberon mirrors but I have mine adjusted differently
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1