Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in love with the 1100 Sport and went to the shop to see one. What I couldn't see is the active kit components, so I'm asking here in case anybody has seen the kit installed and has some feedback about it:
  • Pair of LED turn indicators.
  • Billet aluminium tank cap.
  • Adapters for LED turn indicators.
  • Number plate holder.
Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 09.58.36.png

Does anybody know if I loose the automatic tank aperture installing this new cap? What do you think about the smaller led indicators?

Thanks!

·
Registered
733 Posts
The bike has standard does not have auto tank flap for fuel and this one is also manual and needs teh special Rizoma key to open.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm in the shop they told me the sport has auto tank flap, are you sure? Because if the standard one is manual, then I'll go and get this one.

·
Registered
733 Posts
In the UK - I believe its standard - I do not have a Sport - but look at this off the web

upload_2019-7-9_11-51-39.png

It looks the same fuel cap as on my Black 1100.. Manual.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 9.20.16 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 9.21.20 am.png

I've left the extenders on but I believe you can ditch them if you want a tighter fit / aren't bothered about the legalities so much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just confirmed with the shop both caps are manual so... I just ordered the 1100 Sport with the billet aluminium tank cap, the shorter plate holder and the small led indicators, can't wait for it!

·
Registered
733 Posts
On the multistrada - there is an option of a fuel cap that is linked to the bike ignition and unlocks for about 1 minute after turning ignition off... so you can refuel without keys... sort of a reverse central locking.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Cheers. Wow, what´s next an automatic sidestand?
noo...don´t tell me someone does that too!
You may or may not know the side stand on the old 748s popped up automatically (a manual spring) when you 'uprighted' the bike? Was a pain at times, for me at least!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes - many bikes used the spring up - which as you say is a PITA... but back in the 70's my brother had a KH250 that when you pulled in the clutch with the bike off the side stand pulled up the stand... that too was a PITA but not as bad as the spring only ones...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts