Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sport

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have seen some of my recent posts, you will be aware that I am considering a swap for an 1100.
I am now stuck on colour. I wanted a black one definitely, but now yellow is creeping in. Will you please vote for your favourite colour.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The yellow one is pretty cool. If I could have gotten a better deal on a yellow one I probably ended up with that one. Colour is never a big thing for me as long as it looks good and the yellow one certainly does. Also don't mind something that stands out a bit. The yellow ones probably will be outnumbered by all the black ones.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I’ve got it right it’s a sport in your avatar. I’m leaning towards a sport as my local dealer is offering me a good deal.
How do you like the sport? I dislike the low bars but could fit Rox risers.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I rode the Sport and the Standard - the Sport seemed firmer to me on the suspension - but they are basically the same bike

As you say - handle bars are lower - but that's a cheap fix with risers or new bars.

If you like / live with Matt paint - then I would buy the Sport - just for the Ohlins... but the standard suspension is not lacking...

I think the price difference is not huge and worth it... the only reason I did no buy was I did not like Matt Paint.. - liked everything else about the bike... but I too would have raised the bars / changed bars.

Plus I wanted to change the mudguards to Aluminium - so the saving paid that and the other farkles...

I personally do not think you can go wrong with either the Black Standard or Matt Black Sport.

Not a fan of the Special - Grey, Spoked Wheels, polished swingarm or chrome exhausts.... also do not like the yellow.... but that's just personal choice...

Whatever 1100 you buy I am sure you will love it...

If you can get a good deal on a stock bike from your dealer... all the better.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As you say also not a fan of the special. Can you buy loads of extras now or are we still waiting for them to come out?
I would like to change the standard seat.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not much available currently from AM

Anything that is on the 3 1100's can be bought without issue - so if you want to buy the seat of a sport for a standard - no issue - a few days - same for bars off a standard for a sport.

But Screens are still yet to be available.

Heated grips are now available.

Evotech and R&G have a few things - more coming soon.

Astro Scrambler on here shows what's available in USA and the German Site Italo-Shop.com also lists whats out there...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine would have to be red. Ducati should have a red option. With the standard (higher) handle bars, the Ohlins from the Sport, Termi or Akro pipes, a comfortable seat for long rides and a decent screen. Oh, and the speedo from the new 800.

I wonder what November would bring?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I’ve got it right it’s a sport in your avatar. I’m leaning towards a sport as my local dealer is offering me a good deal.
How do you like the sport? I dislike the low bars but could fit Rox risers.
It is a Sport and I love it. The handlebars are perfect for me, I find the bike very agile, and I love the engine. If I can get a little more sound from it, would be perfect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts