Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Anyone some suggestions for mirrors that are wider than stock and also a larger mirror surface.

I have wide shoulders (and the rest to match) and find that even with mirror extenders - I only get less than half the mirror for whats behind and then on the standard mirrors - thats then a small area.

I looked at Rizoma 3D - but they are narrower than the standard.... despite having a larger mirror surface..

Suggestions??

Pictures??

THANKS

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have round mirrors and extenders off eBay. I find them ok and far better than the standard ones. Check out the photos on my previous thread.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you have risers underneath the extenders

Which mirrors did you get there is like half a million on eBay...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Can’t send a link I’m on my iPad but they’re called KiWAV Eclipse they come with risers/adapters LH and RH. £45

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Found them - there is a printable scale drawing... unfortunately - these while having a bigger mirror area are narrower than standard mirrors... so basically would give less of a road view than the stock ones....

·
Registered
797 Posts
They wont work with the bar end weights I added or the Muffs I just put on for the winter..
That's a problem yeah.
Thinking out of the box here but couldn't you extend the stems of the original mirrors. I'm thinking of cutting the stems in half and extending them with a hollow peace of alu or steel tube in witch the stems fit and can be clued in.
Or maybe a second or wider mirror extender.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have looked for a double length extender - but don't find one for Yamaha (LH and RH Threads)...

I can bolt two standard ones together... but looks a bit crap....already tried that..

Cutting and extending the shaft is an option - but not really a nice option either...

That's why asking for suggestions... because I can not find a good solution myself so far...

Next solution is the Rizoma 4D mirrors and maybe extend their mount with some simple tube... but a lot of money for a trial and still have to modify..

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have looked for a double length extender - but don't find one for Yamaha (LH and RH Threads)...

I can bolt two standard ones together... but looks a bit crap....already tried that..

Cutting and extending the shaft is an option - but not really a nice option either...

That's why asking for suggestions... because I can not find a good solution myself so far...

Next solution is the Rizoma 4D mirrors and maybe extend their mount with some simple tube... but a lot of money for a trial and still have to modify..
I think the extension of the stems could be done without looking to bad but finding the right parts might be difficult. I don't know what the stems are made of maybe they can be cut and welded with an extension piece.
I can imagine 2 extenders looking pretty crap.
I found some dimensions on the 4d(bht you already might have found them yourself) maybe that may help. They do look as if they can be modified quite easely. Best thing might be finding a dealer that stocks them and let them be tried on.
bs210-tek.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes - these are the largest I can find (with dimensions)

I was thinking a small spacer at the bottom where it bolts to the adaptor... in Black ideally - but stainless... I can get stuff made or do it myself when at one of our factories.... but simple spacers can be bought cheaply off ebay...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yes - these are the largest I can find (with dimensions)

I was thinking a small spacer at the bottom where it bolts to the adaptor... in Black ideally - but stainless... I can get stuff made or do it myself when at one of our factories.... but simple spacers can be bought cheaply off ebay...
I also found these. Might be worth a gamble. The black and silver ones might look pretty nice.
Motorcycle Accessories Rearview Side Mirrors Rear View Mirror for bmw r1200gs gs 1200 s1000rr f800gs s1000r f800r r1200gs adv-in Side Mirrors & Accessories from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Screenshot_20181106-234540.jpg
Screenshot_20181106-234601.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks... but again - mirror is small on the end that I can see in.... however... last night ordered a set of Rizoma 4D ones off ebay...(second hand - look unmarked) so will try those....

THANKS for the suggestions..

Will post back when I have the mirrors / spacers / fitted..

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I thought about like rear view cameras or front and rear dash cam type things linked to sat nav some how

But I doubt you would see anything half the time for glare

Will let you know how I get on

I have ordered all bits so will find out in next few days - assuming they come on time.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the spacers finally arrived - mirrors and adaptors arrived a week or so ago..

All fitted and ready to try tomorrow.

The spacers are stainless steel - wrapped in heat shrink - so that they are black... Probably will get them painted at some point.

Spacer is 70mm long

Mirror Rizoma 4D

Adaptors Rizoma BS787B

Without handguards you could fit the BS715B adaptors (shorter)

Seem sturdy enough - but only aride will tell...

Can just seem my elbow - about the same amount as you see my fingers in first photo... so hopefully will do the job..

I used 70mm spacers - not 100mm (as originally thought) to keep the joint inline with inner end grip..

IMG_1765.JPG
IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1768.JPG

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well the spacers finally arrived - mirrors and adaptors arrived a week or so ago..

All fitted and ready to try tomorrow.

The spacers are stainless steel - wrapped in heat shrink - so that they are black... Probably will get them painted at some point.

Spacer is 70mm long

Mirror Rizoma 4D

Adaptors Rizoma BS787B

Without handguards you could fit the BS715B adaptors (shorter)

Seem sturdy enough - but only aride will tell...

Can just seem my elbow - about the same amount as you see my fingers in first photo... so hopefully will do the job..

I used 70mm spacers - not 100mm (as originally thought) to keep the joint inline with inner end grip..

View attachment 37215 View attachment 37217 View attachment 37219
Looks like you should be plenty wide. Hope they stay in position.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts