Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone with the new style 1100 Pro has managed to re-locate their license plate / fit a tail tidy. I've searched the forum and can't find any info, and looked at the Evotech tail tidy but it looks like it fits the earlier style 1100s with twin under-seat exhausts. Are there any available license plate brackets / tail tidies that fit the later style bikes with twin side exhausts? I wouldn't mind having a go at fitting the license plate in the traditional place behind the seat. Thanks in advance, Alec

·
Registered
73 Posts

Straight from the horses mouth (post….).

A little bending and I got it to fit, no issues with vibration at all.
It looked good. I went with the MD after I changed the exhaust out.
The MD tail tidy moves the plate a little further back, took a bit of tinkering, but I’m very happy with the result.

Reactions: aleclaw

·
Registered
73 Posts

Side view of the MD.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Side view of the MD.
Thanks DoomBuggy - excellent help, really appreciated, and I like the mods you've made (really like the mirrors especially). I like the MD option - it looks minimal and comes with a license plate plug & play light, and looks like an easier install than your original CW item. A quick question if you don't mine - is this the item which is sold for the Scrambler Icon? Not available in UK, but I can buy from Canada for a good price. Thanks in advance, Alec

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks DoomBuggy - excellent help, really appreciated, and I like the mods you've made (really like the mirrors especially). I like the MD option - it looks minimal and comes with a license plate plug & play light, and looks like an easier install than your original CW item. A quick question if you don't mine - is this the item which is sold for the Scrambler Icon? Not available in UK, but I can buy from Canada for a good price. Thanks in advance, Alec
“Fender Eliminator Kit - Ducati Scrambler Icon Urban Enduro Mach 2.0 Street Classic 2015-2021”

FE-D15SCR

·
Registered
73 Posts
My pleasure.

if you go with that, be warned.

you may be smarter and find another way to mount it…
I had to drill through the bottom ‘fender’ and through the metal supports for the tail. This made the stupid Velcro-attached upper fender not fit.
So I matched the ready of the esthetic and dropped a bolt mid fender to hold it all together.

Freaking velcro on a Ducati……

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My pleasure.

if you go with that, be warned.

you may be smarter and find another way to mount it…
I had to drill through the bottom ‘fender’ and through the metal supports for the tail. This made the stupid Velcro-attached upper fender not fit.
So I matched the ready of the esthetic and dropped a bolt mid fender to hold it all together.

Freaking velcro on a Ducati……
I just ordered one from Canada - I'll let you know how it goes together, thanks again, Alec

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I considered a couple of options, but decided in the end to try the R & G tail tidy / license plate re-locate bracket. Me and my neighbour Aussie Phil spent 4 hours yesterday, and after a couple of attempts we finally got everything to line up and it all went in place perfectly. Thankfully Aussie Phil can think in 3 dimensions cos I don't think I could have managed it alone. So I've now got Rizoma bars, Evotech engine guard, frame plugs and some funky little wheel rim decals. probably go for a Ilmberger hugger next.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

I'll ride until I need to change tyres, probably Pirelli Angels, and I still can't decide what to do with the seat. Loving this bike :), cheers all, Alec
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just fitted the 20mm lowered seat and even though I'm 5'11" and 200 pounds it's a big improvement over the stock seat after 100 mile ride this week. £152 from M & P. 1) It's black, 2) I don't slide forward on it and 3) it's more comfortable on my bony arse than the stock brown seat. Very happy with it :)
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100 Sport
14 Posts
I considered a couple of options, but decided in the end to try the R & G tail tidy / license plate re-locate bracket. Me and my neighbour Aussie Phil spent 4 hours yesterday, and after a couple of attempts we finally got everything to line up and it all went in place perfectly.
Hey there

Did you have any trouble with the holes lining up correctly? I tried to install an R&G tail tidy but the side holes/threads seemed too high to get the OEM bolts that hold the upper plastic back in.

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Have contacted R&G but no answer as of yet. I am considering using spacers and washers to hold it in place or return it and get the Evotech performance one, though I really don't like how the holder for the light protrudes above the fender on that one....

Also, did you have to bend the R&G to get the angle so that the plate won't be crushed when the rear shock is fully compressed? I did read about that issue in the 800 forum.

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey there

Did you have any trouble with the holes lining up correctly? I tried to install an R&G tail tidy but the side holes/threads seemed too high to get the OEM bolts that hold the upper plastic back in.

View attachment 49021

Have contacted R&G but no answer as of yet. I am considering using spacers and washers to hold it in place or return it and get the Evotech performance one, though I really don't like how the holder for the light protrudes above the fender on that one....

Also, did you have to bend the R&G to get the angle so that the plate won't be crushed when the rear shock is fully compressed? I did read about that issue in the 800 forum.

Thanks
Phil
Hi Phil, yes - it took a fair bit of head-scratching to get it all to line up and click into place. The problem we encountered first time was the two plastic undertrays not clicking back together which meant the plastic cover for the underseat lock spring cover wasn't closing properly, which would have exposed the lock to all the road crud. The R&G metal bracket has lugs to support the removable undertray, but they're shorter than on the original Ducati bracket and we couldn't get the lugs to properly support the undertray. We were considering spacers, but eventually we took it all apart and second time it all clicked back correctly. It was really a case of trial and error. Didn't need to bend the metal plate to avoid the rear tyre hitting though, that hasn't been an issue, and everything's working fine now. Hope that helps, cheers, Alec

1 - 12 of 12 Posts