Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having some issues with my new 1100 Sport Pro. An issue I identified with a rattle at the 2000 rpm range was confirmed by dealer as not right during 1st service at 1000km.
Bike has since been in for a week of investigation which has made my “Land of Joy” turn into the “Land of broken dreams”.
Just checking but there is some paint missing on the frame and just wondering if this was also normal. Apologies as I only have one bad photo of it but there are two areas with the same missing paint. Can any one confirm this is normal please?

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
59 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tire Alloy wheel

Hmm I have a 2020 sport pro and there is no missing paint on mine see attached.

Mine does have an engine rattle from the horizontal cylinder at idle only in neutral or when the clutch is pulled in which disappears as the revs rise or under load. Was recently told by the dealership that Ducati are aware of this noise and it's not considered an issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, the rattle on mine is when under load at about 2000-2500 rpm, sounds really rubbish.
In terms of paint, there are two areas like that on my bike. Really wondering if I didn’t get a Friday afternoon bike now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Yes yours does look better although also like yours has a ridge whereas mine doesn't appear to have one and I am unable to look at the bike at the moment as its been at the dealers for the last 8 days!

Anybody else with an 1100 SP for comparison please? I am off to London over the weekend so will try and pop into Ducati there to see if they have a comparison bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have an 1100 to compare to, but this looks like it was purposefully done during the manufacturing process. For one reason or another, that part appears to be painted / coated first and then machined along that outer edge to it's final dimension. Or perhaps there is another component that butts up against that face during the coating process? Maye someone with more manufacturing knowledge can chime in here. Definitely doesn't appear to be a result from damage in any of these photos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts