Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks neat. I don't think I really need the additional power, but I like the swing arm, dual throttle bodies, etc. :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't care about pure power either, but having over 100Nm of torque... :encouragement:

I hardly go over 7000rpm anyway

(and the absence of an airbox means the rear cylinder will maybe have better cooling as well)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't know that there's any real problem with cooling on the rear cylinder to fix .. in fact, its traditionally been the front cylinder that needs a little more cooling because it's shrouded by the front wheel. The rider's knee usually acts as a useful air deflector pushing more air into the rear cylinder for cooling. But the question is largely academic in any case for a streetable engine.

Dual throttle bodies generally means more precise fuel/air metering overall, improving engine control and ride ability. That remains my biggest focus on the Scrambler ... consistency of throttle response at the bottom end and the right gearing to enhance the machine's ease of negotiating in traffic. It seems to have plenty of control and responsiveness for managing higher speeds, up to the limits of the available power; the bottom end often seems a little inconsistent even with reprogramming.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I don't care about pure power either, but having over 100Nm of torque... :encouragement:

I hardly go over 7000rpm anyway

(and the absence of an airbox means the rear cylinder will maybe have better cooling as well)
You're maybe right, most if not all V twins and V fours I've worked on over the years have had larger jets in the rear cylinder to compensate for higher to help keep it cool. I imagine it's still the same now only we've moved on to fuel injection. I know when I have used an IR gun around the engine when at the rolling road the rear cylinder is always hotter. Not with a Scrambler yet granted but I'm sure it's the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts