Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story but I was talking to an Italian motorsport journalist in the course of my job and Ducati came up. He mentioned that Ducati will be producing a new 1100cc version in three configurations, including one with dual front discs and full Ohlins suspension.

He said it would be unveiled at EICMA next week along with the V4 and Panigale Corse. Has anyone else heard of this?

Reactions: Max Kool

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hold on to your wallet Sherpa its on the way with a really good motor!

Geoff.
I thought I wasn't going to be buying any new motorcycles next year I think resistance is futile. Cant wait to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, this will be pretty cool if it happens. Frankly, I'm just glad to see them finding ways to keep using the aircooled engines. It's a large part of what made me like the Scrambler so much in the first place.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wishful thinking in my opinion - an 1100 cc Scrambler has been rumored for atleast 2 years. Unless Ducati has made some major work on the out-of-production engine it won't meet the Euro4 requirements.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Well, the rumor is getting more and more serious lately.

I'm convinced Ducati could make the twin spark EVO engine Euro4 compliant if they wanted to. Whether that's with a single or dual throttle body. It may not be the most performant engine, and logically it makes no sense with the variety in modern water cooled engines. The whole Scrambler makes no sense....but it is a big hit for Ducati so they may bend over backwards to get the air cooled EVO 1100cc engine Euro 4 compliant.. :anonymous:

That said, the new Monster 821 is water cooled now, and still looks the bizz. So what if the supposedly soon to be introduced big Scrambler was a water cooled one?

Anyway, if Ducati would slot the air cooled 1100cc EVO engine in a Desert Sled-like bike, I would buy it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts