Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago My Icon had its 12,000 km Desmo service at my local Ducati dealer (Desmo Headquarters Byron Bay) After a very chilly early morning start, I dropped my bike off at 8.30 am and collected it just over 4 hrs later, job done.

Total cost was AU$675.29, which at first sounds a bit on the high side. However, as I had authorised the fitting of a replacement BMC air filter ($99) in lieu of 'clean and re-fit' the dirty stock filter and also replacement of both spark plugs ($30) rather than clean and re-fit the original plugs, my service cost could have been reduced by $129 if I had left these items for replacement at the 24,000 km service. As I regularly ride dusty dirt roads, the washable and re-oilable (is that a word?) was a no-brainer, while the plug change was cheap insurance for trouble free running over the next 12,000 kms.

The only other items of cost were for engine oil, oil filter and 4 hrs of workshop labour. There was no cost for replacement upper and lower valve clearance shims as these were merely swapped for other shims to bring clearances within spec. A slight fluid weep from the front master cylinder cap was also attended to at no additional cost under warranty.

By mutual agreement with the dealer I am also currently testing a 2017 replacement throttle tube, with the result so far that my ride is far smoother and much less prone to low speed and bump-induced jerkiness, with no noticeable loss of urgency when required. It looks like this worthwhile mod will be keeper for me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cheers Gill. I am just about to do a between service oil change. But I'll be heading down to see Arthur when the valves need checking. It is good to know what it will cost. Especially as it is a little less than I was expecting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts