Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have searched the forum but can't find any answers so I apologize if this has already been done.

I have a 2022 Sled, it is a fun bike to ride however I found 1st gear very high so I put a 14T front sprocket on it, very happy with the ratio now however the engine fault light keeps coming on, reset it and a few Kms it comes back on, I understand this is an issue but it appears to be the euro 5 bikes only, the question is how to fix it?.

Are there any updates for the ECU or settings that can be changed via ODB2 plug etc.

I see some guys have just put tape over the light but I wouldn't mind getting a proper fix, the fault code is P0919 gear select is what it comes up with.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
Scrambler 800 Desert Sled 2021
4 Posts
Hey Paul... I had the same issue...
2022 Euro5 DS, 14T sprocket, enginge light. My bike was 4 times back at the dealer til they told me they got information from Bologna: There is no solution but going back to the original 15t sprocket... very, very disappointing.

Greetz,
Padde

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Paul... I had the same issue...
2022 Euro5 DS, 14T sprocket, enginge light. My bike was 4 times back at the dealer til they told me they got information from Bologna: There is no solution but going back to the original 15t sprocket... very, very disappointing.

Greetz,
Padde
Yes doesn't seem like much options

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fascinating. Does anyone have an explanation for why the light would come on as a result of changing the sprocket?
I have been doing research and as far as I can gather it is linked to the ABS, data from engine RPM, counter shaft RPM, front and rear wheel RPM, altering the sprocket to 14T must confuse the system, obviously the rpm difference is outside the programed parameters so it faults, I have email Ducati so will see what happens.

What I need is an ODB2 Euro 5 program to check and adjust the perameters

·
Registered
Scrambler 800 Desert Sled 2021
4 Posts
In my case I got, in addition to the engine light, a "gear lever sensor error"... so my dealer changed it two times... but in the end the sensor wasn't the problem...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my case I got, in addition to the engine light, a "gear lever sensor error"... so my dealer changed it two times... but in the end the sensor wasn't the problem...
I put the OBD2 scanner on it, the fault code was P0919, which is "gear lever sensor error", I must admit I have no idea why it says that when the lever hadnt changed
I’m planning to install a 44 tooth sprocket on the rear. Any idea if I’ll run into the same issue?
I would assume yes because it will have the issue as it is a variation of the ratio and speeds that its programmed for, trying to get some more info now

·
Registered
2020 Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer
2 Posts
I put the OBD2 scanner on it, the fault code was P0919, which is "gear lever sensor error", I must admit I have no idea why it says that when the lever hadnt changed

I would assume yes because it will have the issue as it is a variation of the ratio and speeds that its programmed for, trying to get some more info now
I was also planning on widening the gear ratio by fiting a 44 tooth rear sprocket. This is good information. But here is the new question I have? If you look at the OEM parts list. It shows a 46 tooth rear sprocket AND a 44 tooth sprocket. Now I'm wondering if the ABS system is programed to work within the range of those two sprockets only? If I remember correctly, when you add or remove one tooth on a front sprocket size, it equals out to 3+/- teeth on a rear sprocket. (I could be a bit off on that ratio) Please help, I'd like more info on this topic too.

Part # 49411611AA - REAR SPROCKET T44
Part # 49411651AA - REAR SPROCKET T46

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Factory rear sprocket is 46T so 44T will make it even higher geared so the counter shaft would be rotating slower going to 44T and your bike going faster at lower RPM
15T - 46T = 3.06
15T - 44T = 2.09
14T - 46T = 3.28

·
Registered
2020 Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer
2 Posts
Factory rear sprocket is 46T so 44T will make it even higher geared so the counter shaft would be rotating slower going to 44T and your bike going faster at lower RPM
15T - 46T = 3.06
15T - 44T = 2.09
14T - 46T = 3.28
Yes, I planned on running the 15T-44T = 2.93 ratio for keeping RPM's low on Highway travels. Seeing that Ducati lists a OEM 44 tooth sprocket in there parts/icrofiche. I'm wondering if it will cause the "P0919" error code if I install the 44 tooth rear sprocket?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I planned on running the 15T-44T = 2.93 ratio for keeping RPM's low on Highway travels. Seeing that Ducati lists a OEM 44 tooth sprocket in there parts/icrofiche. I'm wondering if it will cause the "P0919" error code if I install the 44 tooth rear sprocket?
If they are offering that sprocket it should work, but this is Ducati :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
not sure if its relevant but i changed out the front sprocket on my diavel (which also has the ducati safety systems) and no issue.

went to one tooth smaller on the front.

combined with a pipe / remap she has quite amazing pickup.

·
Registered
17 Café sCrAmBlE rAcEr
32 Posts
Fascinating. Does anyone have an explanation for why the light would come on as a result of changing the sprocket?
th engine rpm
@ any gear selection
dose not match th anticipated
abs wheel speed
this stops me
moving in th opposite
direction ... a 16tooth
would be slower off th line
carrying lower engine rpm @ higher mph
its actually fine where it's set this cAfE
carries interstate speed all day
#rydsafe