Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And a couple hundred higher if any valves need to be adjusted.

Don' know about you guys but I wasn' expecting that much. So I called a local shop that works on very expensive race bikes and is actually well known in the country for their builds. They want 700/800.

Does it really have to be through Ducati?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just paid $592.13 including sales tax for the 7500 mile service including valve adjustment. If the 15,000 service is $1200 then I'm selling and buying a Japanese bike.

·
Registered
764 Posts
No, it doesn't. You do want a shop that knows what they're doing though.

Thanks to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (or the EC in Europe).
In Europe you can't, the EU Block Exemption Regulation, infuriatingly, does not include motorcycles- ‘Motor vehicle’ means a self propelled vehicle intended for use on public roads and having three or more road wheels. See article 4.2.1

·
Registered
283 Posts
The dealer should give you a breakdown of the costs if you ask.

I know the 4-valve water cooled bikes have higher maintenance costs. The 2 valve maintenance should be less. That's why I sold the ST4s and bought the Scrambler.

-Bob

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went to Ducati Cardiff and asked them for a 7500 mile service, and they said with a laugh "haha that'll be the £600 pound one" I thought they were joking so laughed as well, until I said with a serious face how much and they said "no it'll be about £600 min" I cancelled the service with them as I couldn't spend that much on a bike that cost me £6799. Also got a bit worried as to how much they would charge for the 15,000 service. Went to Ducati in Stoke and got a quote of them for £396, and thats what he charge as the valves didn't need doing. I'll be going back there when I reach 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I went to Ducati Cardiff and asked them for a 7500 mile service, and they said with a laugh "haha that'll be the £600 pound one" I thought they were joking so laughed as well, until I said with a serious face how much and they said "no it'll be about £600 min"

[...]
bunch a sadists....

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ducati Glasgow had a price list on their website for the various services of all the models but the website has had a remake recently and the prices have been dropped off. I wonder why :barbershop_quartet_member:
My own bike will be due the 7,500 mile service in just over 1,000 miles. I'll be doing it myself :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
15Kmi service: Since my Icon was out of warranty I told the service manager "valve check and belts only"

Valve check and belts only:
Belts: 132.32
Labor: 200 (2hrs)
Total w/tax and shop supplies: $374.00

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
15Kmi service: Since my Icon was out of warranty I told the service manager "valve check and belts only"

Valve check and belts only:
Belts: 132.32
Labor: 200 (2hrs)
Total w/tax and shop supplies: $374.00
Think I'll do the same next time but Ducati said they wouldn't turn off the service indicator:angry4:
Also love your link and write ups.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Think I'll do the same next time but Ducati said they wouldn't turn off the service indicator:angry4:
Also love your link and write ups.
Yes, I asked for valves and belts too. They said they would do it but won't turn off the service indicator.

Does anyone know what the service indicator looks like? Is it an annoying screen that doesn't go away? Or is it the quick message that tells you how many miles until it's serviced?

I think I will pay for this one service. After that, I'm going to sell it for an XSR or a supermoto. Most likely an XSR since I've seen some crazy custom builds. Sucks because I have such a sweet bike.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The service indicator is a little wrench, I think, I never pay any attention to it. Have you checked the service rates on the Yamaha? Don't jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The service indicator is a little wrench, I think, I never pay any attention to it. Have you checked the service rates on the Yamaha? Don't jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Sarah
The Yamaha's are cheap compared to ducati regarding service but look all wrong and untidy and I don't think you would have that special feeling when riding it as they just don' t look right unless you spend £x on sorting it out but then you may as well keep yours. I compared service cost with yam, kaw, ktm, Honda, duc etc and only the yam is cheaper all the others are not far off Ducati money for a service. I might of bought an xsr but the wife said she wouldn't go on the back due to its hideous looks!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts