Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
I wish I could say that, received the soft bag kit today and I'm not sure what gorilla at Ducati torques down the fittings but they were over tight in my opinion. Had to drop the rear fender to put on the soft bag brackets and now I cannot get one of the rear fender bolts to go back into the threads. I am being overly careful so I don't want to damage any threads anywhere but now I have to have the dealer look at it when I bring it in for the first service.

If the original tightening of the rest of the bike is like I experienced I am likely going to have the dealer do any further installations I may decide on. Has anyone else experienced the over tight hex bolts?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wish I could say that, received the soft bag kit today and I'm not sure what gorilla at Ducati torques down the fittings but they were over tight in my opinion. Had to drop the rear fender to put on the soft bag brackets and now I cannot get one of the rear fender bolts to go back into the threads. I am being overly careful so I don't want to damage any threads anywhere but now I have to have the dealer look at it when I bring it in for the first service.

If the original tightening of the rest of the bike is like I experienced I am likely going to have the dealer do any further installations I may decide on. Has anyone else experienced the over tight hex bolts?

There has been plenty of red locktite on every screw I have removed. Had to clean the screws and apply fresh locktite before they would go back in smoothly.

·
Registered
965 Posts
There has been plenty of red locktite on every screw I have removed. Had to clean the screws and apply fresh locktite before they would go back in smoothly.
You gave me an idea, so I am currently going to soak the one fastener in some acetone (nail polish remover) and try to see if it will cooperate tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration! I can't imagine the frame threaded part to be stripped, I would be very disappointed in design if it were.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Yes do it Dave, I had to do that, made every thing so much easier to assemble, then i used Blue thread lock, :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
and now I cannot get one of the rear fender bolts to go back into the threads.
same here..... I suffered a lot, finally I found the solution to place it (in my case was the right/rear one, near the rear light)

you need this

it allows to manouvre with a little "angle" on the bolt

·
Registered
965 Posts
I've tried everything and I don't want to damage the threads in the frame, maybe a new fastener will do the trick but it is one of those things that makes me hesitant to try other mods since the fasteners seem so over torqued.

·
Registered
965 Posts
same here..... I suffered a lot, finally I found the solution to place it (in my case was the right/rear one, near the rear light)
Mine is the left rear that won't go in, I may have to look at that style allen since I currently am using t-handle straight ones.

you need this

it allows to manouvre with a little "angle" on the bolt

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yes do it Dave, I had to do that, made every thing so much easier to assemble, then i used Blue thread lock, :)
I did use the blue locktite as well on the rest of everything but that one fastener will still not go in, has me worried that the frame threads are to blame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts