Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sharing my 2015 Icon with the forum. I bought it 12 months ago from an old fella with pannier bags, sheep skin seat cover and hideous windshield, otherwise stock. At the time I thought what a bloody ride! Untamed engine, stunning appearance but boring style (as equiped with the stock handlebars, bags and seat cover). I learned to tame this motor (and throttle control) and my young, excitable and challenging self wanted more. So sharing a few photos here, and what I've done.

My first point of action was a cheap do-it-yourself. I painted the heat shield, Ducati bash plate and stock exhaust cover in a 1000 degree heat proof gloss black. I thought this brought out a moodier side of the bike

I knew I had to replace the exhaust. Firstly to get more noise but I also feel a single or double shotgun like I've got, did wonders for the styling and appearance! I fitted the Akrapovic double shotgun, no cat. This ended up being my last and most recent modification due to the unworldly expense of the product. Still, very happy with it and what a great sound! Baffles in.

I changed the handle bars to a Renthal Fatbar, a bit narrower then I had envisioned but a far better riding position. The headlight protecter (just thought it was cool), also the gauge mount & riser kit by Corsa Moto at the same time and bar end mirrors. A massive difference to the ride, I believe I feel the bike planted now and can cut and weave far more comfortably.

These changes upfront meant that the brake line covers the gauge. The new gauge kit comes with a new brake line but not the appropriate adaptor, so I just rearranged the brake line by loosening and twisting, that is far more within my mechanical ability.

Replaced the blinkers with a black bullet style. Is bulkier then appeared from the images but much better none the less! At the same time, took the rear wheel fender & numberplate bracket off, replacing the numberplate bracket kit. The one I purchased did require some quick cutting of the seat fender plastics but no problems there. (Only had to cut the black plastics underneath the fender, not the red plastics that is on show).

Im 94kg at 6'3" so the ergonomics fit nicely, I would love to put Ohlins front and rear suspension on but my weight sits quite comfortably on this factory set up. Also not sure I am willing to spend so much on that combination. I am always tossing up changing the seat! I am more of a Sunday rider so I can typically manage a sore ass for 2 hours on my ride, I would really love to get a cafe racer seat style from Mugello or something similar with that seat cowl - not sure if red would look the business or a gloss black cowl. My mind is always ticking about these things! Then I will have to change to rear sets and a piece of kit I saw that cuts out the passenger pegs. Again, beer budget with champagne taste!

Last photo of myself going for a ride over Easter with my old fella. We rode to Braidwood from Canberra which is a nice cruise with a few turns. Only takes an hour or so. Obviously that's his style of riding with that couch on wheels they call a motorbike!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those bars look great, I viewed an urban enduro yesterday and placed a deposit today. First thing I want changing is the bars, way too high.

Nice mods man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts