Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time member here but have been pretty quiet recently. I have owned form new a 2015 Icon with a few minor mods, lower bars, Full Throttle seat and muffler, Dart screen etc. I've been living with the usual complaints, two that annoy me still are uncomfortable seat and harsh suspension. Lately I have been checking out the 2020 Full Throttle. Seat shape looks better and, from some reviews I have read, apparently the suspension is better with the newer models. Anyone that has ridden both the older and newer Scramblers please let me know if you found any difference.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I haven't so probably shouldn't butt in but here I am … :)

Stating the bleeding obvious but would it not be cheaper to sort the 2015 you already have than stump up for a new bike. I put the Maxton rear shock on my 2015 Icon and ended up buying a Sargent seat (there's an importer in Brissy) and comfort levels do seem to have improved albeit possibly marginally. Of course the newer bikes do have a few enhanced features too as I'm sure you know so that could sway you. I'd bet there may still be some 'cheap' susspension issues and possible seat moans though.

Hopefully someone will be along with real world experience when the rest of the planet wakes up ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deano,

Completely agree with what you are saying and I would really only consider trading if the new model was quite a bit better and the changeover price was alright. Going by comments I have read, all of the available aftermarket suspension options are still pretty sports oriented (firm), I would prefer it to be more like Dual Sport suspension. I also own an older DL650 Suzuki along with a few other bikes and would be happy with similar softer suspension, so cheap can still suit me. I have had my seat modified by John Moorhouse (I'm in Brisbane) and we managed to get it better, but not great, over several reshapes. Aside from that, I like the look of the new model with the seat cowl and side panels, also the flatter seat shape does look better (more comfortable). I'll take a demo bike for a test ride one of these days and see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts