Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys

I am going to be changing my oil and filter before putting the bike away for the winter. I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me exactly what oil filter I should be buying.
Anyone got any idea?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Agreed.
I have a new filter that came with my bike and it is Ducati stock.
Shell oil that is recommended

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
The stock filter leaks. I think I remember others on this forum havig the same problem. There is oil all over my garage floor from both of my desert sleds. I'm looking to get something other than a stock filter. Will the K&N 153 fit with the stock skid plate?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My stock hasn't leaked.
First oil change done 1000 miles ago and no issues.

I wonder why yours are leaking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
The stock filter leaks. I think I remember others on this forum havig the same problem. There is oil all over my garage floor from both of my desert sleds. I'm looking to get something other than a stock filter. Will the K&N 153 fit with the stock skid plate?
I have the 2019 DS and the K&N 153 fits without me having to do any modification to the bike at all. I have the stock skid plate as well. Hope this helps. Also you may need to remove your exhaust to get a hold of the oil filter, the dealer tightened mine so hard there was no way I could get around without taking the exhaust off. the K&N has a nut at the bottom which will make it easier to remove later.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've been using the Mahle OC-5 filter, it's a good filter and not too hard to find. It also fits my Sport Classic so I can stock the same filter for both bikes.

I was using K&N filters on a few bikes and my PWCs until they started the recalls for them due to leaking at the spot weld joints for the 17mm nut, then I decided to just stop using them all together.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I read on other threads that the motorcycle must be cold and the oil filter given it's final tightening. I did that. So far no leaks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts