Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a real problem, wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I want to add a luggage rack, i ordered a cheapo and it didn't work so then i ordered the Hepco and Becker luggage rack. The bolts (both racks) only go so far in. It does not seem stripped. If i were to guess, id say it's rusted inside. I sprayed it with penetrant, waited and tried to work the bolts back and forth, but no go. If the bolts were the wrong ones, why do they screw in half way so smoothly? Seems like a real corner case, any ideas? Thanks
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Automotive design

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem with the M10 bolts of the mini rack from h&b. So I took a M10 made of stainless steel and kind of broke the thread in. After that the bolts went in as they should.
Don‘t try to brake in the thread with the bolts from h&b. They are too soft and you‘ll ruin them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem with the M10 bolts of the mini rack from h&b. So I took a M10 made of stainless steel and kind of broke the thread in. After that the bolts went in as they should.
Don‘t try to brake in the thread with the bolts from h&b. They are too soft and you‘ll ruin them.
thanks! i'll try it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having a real problem, wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I want to add a luggage rack, i ordered a cheapo and it didn't work so then i ordered the Hepco and Becker luggage rack. The bolts (both racks) only go so far in. It does not seem stripped. If i were to guess, id say it's rusted inside. I sprayed it with penetrant, waited and tried to work the bolts back and forth, but no go. If the bolts were the wrong ones, why do they screw in half way so smoothly? Seems like a real corner case, any ideas? Thanks View attachment 48341
An M10x1. 5 (coarse) thread has a 1.5mm pitch, while an M10x1. 25 (fine) thread has a 1.25mm pitch. This may be why it only goes so far. They may have supplied the wrong bolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts