Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been a member here for under a year and find it to be a great resource for our bikes.

I picked up my 1100 Sport in May of 2018 the day after they arrived at the dealer while I was working out in Southern California. While I like the bike I didn't immediately fall in love with it.
IMG_0602.jpg
IMG_0613.jpg
IMG_0619.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0624.jpg
IMG_0625.jpg

I felt the bars were too wide, and the paint scheme resembled my riding lawn tractor! Taking inspiration from from a poster on this form I ordered custom side panels from Italy as well as a head light fairing. I also chose the Italian custom as inspiration for my paint scheme. I've added bar end mirrors and a narrower handlebar from Pro Taper (mini high).

Over the winter I will remove the rear shock and have the spring powder coated black. Other mods I am planning are a tail tidy by Evotech and slip on mufflers by Akrapovic.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks awesome! The bars are really wide on the stock one... I was going to fiddle with the angle first. My wife has narrower bars on her Icon. To narrow... There must be a happy medium. I think you found it. Are you still in So Cal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JStrube- I am no longer in So Cal I'm back home in the Midwest I live in Illinois. I am very happy with the new bars and now look forward to hopping on for longer rides. I ordered the bars through Cycle Gear in fact, I ordered a couple of sets for comparison knowing I would return them and only keep the set I liked. This worked out great as they offer free shipping to their stores (there is one 20 minutes drive) and returns are super simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts