Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

2018 Desert Sled - Breaking Necks All Over Ontario

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  2fast4u 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! .

Several years have passed since I've moved back to Toronto from Victoria, BC where I rode through the glorious Canadian Rockies and winding coastal highways on my beloved 1982 Honda CB750. Unfortunately it didn't make economical sense to drag the bike nearly 5000KM back to Toronto with me so I sold it a few weeks before my departure.

After nearly 2 bike-less years on the east side, I decided it was time to get back on the iron horse. Some of my best recent experiences were on 2 wheels and I just couldn't allow another year to pass without one.

This time around I wanted something new, something fuel injected. I respect the riders out there with carbed bikes but I just don't have the patience for it. So the search started in the fall of 2018. As much as I love speed, sport bikes were out of the question for several reasons. I'm 6'4" with a size 15 foot and 34" inseam, cramped up on a sport bike just didn't appeal to me. The new Triumph T120 Black is lovely, but just too small under me after sitting on one at a local dealer.

Fast forward a few months to January 2019, I attended the Motorcycle Super Show at the International Center and sat on a few bikes. After mounting a few Harleys, Indians, KTMs and others, I walked past the GP Bikes display and saw the Desert Sled. It immediately caught my eye! The retro looks and aggressive tires, the tall seat height, I was in love!

After nearly 2 hours of admiring and question asking, I was at home researching the bike. Nothing on impulse! A few days later I was signing the sale agreement at the dealership. She was all mine!

12,000KM of adventure, travel and a few upgrades to date! I'm still in love. She gets a lot of attention at bike nights and events! From 300KM+ rides to dirt roads and sandy beaches, she's taken me there without any issue. I look forward to next season as this one is coming to an end.

Ill post some photos here but if anyone is interested I post lots of photos and videos on my Instagram page. Lots of content this year! Next year I plan on buying a DSLR camera and maybe even a drone for some sweet photos/videos! Thanks for the read, keep that shiney side up!

Instagram - LUKASZ (@lg_moto) • Instagram photos and videos

See less See more
#8 ·
Having the same bike in Germany wasn´t that funny.
Whereas the colours of our flag are black-red-gold (not like the colours of the DS - but some are to dumb to see), some mentioned "Why do you paint your bike in the German colours?" - meaning: Are you a nationalist?
Well, actually I´m a patriot and do love my country, not a nationalist, but wouldn´t have scratched or burned down my beloved bike by anyone..

So I kinda turned it more into the look of the ancient XT 500 and have my peace now.

What type of windscreen is that you are running there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.