Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am noticing that my clutch is slipping at higher speeds / higher loads..

I am still under warranty but the countless threads I have read is 50/50 that they will replace.

I have 13k miles on it.. I use it to commute.. never seen dirt.. got the break-in and valve check done by dealership....

the only thing I have done was new chain and new sprockets (stock)...

What clutch are you guys using when replacing the stock clutch?

TIA

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I fitted a Barnett but only about 500km ago - all is (obviously) well so far. Recently had the bikeshop check the free play for piece of mind. Hopefully I'll hit better figures than the ~11500km I got from the Ducati one. As said above the freeplay is crucial.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't think so for a Desert Sled.

I took my Sled clutch apart and went to Barnett as they are just around the corner from me. The Sleds have a different clutch than the other Scramblers, it's the same as the clutch in the Monster 821.

It is a grip/slip type clutch where as the other Scramblers have a "normal" clutch.

Here's some photos for reference.

And the parts diagram for a Monster 821. I have actually purchased the "pack kit" ie steel and friction plates for the 821 and can confirm they fit. The only difference is the 821 uses 1 thicker steel plate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think so for a Desert Sled.

I took my Sled clutch apart and went to Barnett as they are just around the corner from me. The Sleds have a different clutch than the other Scramblers, it's the same as the clutch in the Monster 821.

It is a grip/slip type clutch where as the other Scramblers have a "normal" clutch.

Here's some photos for reference.

And the parts diagram for a Monster 821. I have actually purchased the "pack kit" ie steel and friction plates for the 821 and can confirm they fit. The only difference is the 821 uses 1 thicker steel plate.

Do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts