Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the bike with 1300km on it and the oil filled up the bulb from what I remember. Now at 4700km on the bike the oil is just out of range of the bulb when the bike is level. Anyone else having this issue of the 1100 burning oil? And what did you do about it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,
normally the oil level should be between the mid and maximum of the bubble. My 1100 Sport "consumes" about 0,2 l of oil per 1000km which is quite normal for a air cooled engine. My air-cooled BMW's consumed much more before (up to 0,5l/1000km).

Don't worry - the QTY from min to max in the bubble is max. around 0,3 l.... I just check my oil after every ride when the bike has cooled down (at least 10 minutes after driving).

Best Regards

Kurt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Different riding styles can effect oil consumption. On a long motorway run (constant rpm) my Multistrada DVT would burn oil. But around the twisties, with lots of rpm changes, it wouldn’t.
Equally my second Multistrada DVT used noticeably more oil than my first. Yet both were healthy.

·
Registered
797 Posts
If I'm correct the manual states that the oil level should be checked with a cold engine. So the next day before a ride. The difference between the warm and cold level can be pretty big so maybe check it this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts