Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2018 1100 that was collecting cobwebs at the dealer. It was still new warranty not yet activated.

when I picked up the bike they told me it had a non-safety recall so they let me take the bike home.

I’ve got about 350 miles on it now and two things have come to light. 1) it has the piston slap issue.. for sure. 2) I get at least one or two false neutrals everytime I ride and it seems to be getting worse.
The interesting thing with the false neutrals is that the display will still say the bike is in gear and it happens in almost any gear higher than 2nd.

I pulled the recall details from Ducati and its recall SRV-TSB-18-012. Clutch actuator slave cylinder.

Will this recall fix the false neutral issue? Anyone else have this recall done and what exactly does it resolve?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I've got a 2018 model as well, but mine is not affected by the recall (there are no open recalls at all).

I get false neutrals from time to time, when shifting to higher gears. I would guess it happens once every 200km or so. And yes, it can happen between every two gears for me as well.

Since it doesn't happen that often, I don't really care, but if there is "an easy (inexpensive) fix", I would also like to know ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts