Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Scrambler 1100 special ~ 300 total miles on the bike.

I came home yesterday and noticed the rear tire was visibly low. I couldn't find any issues with the tire itself, so I began pumping some air into it. Almost immediately one of the spoke, nearest the valve, began hissing and discharging liquid (see pictures). The tire was again low within a minute or so. Is this something I'll need to speak with Ducati about, or is this some crazy break-in technique I'm unfamiliar with? Thanks

Tom

small.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
It has a tubed tire on the Special and I suspect you have punctured the tube - so will need a replacement - I doubt they will cover this under warantee - unless the inner spoke protector to protect the tube is damaged

Rear
upload_2018-8-11_0-17-17.png
upload_2018-8-11_0-15-34.png

·
Registered
954 Posts
It is a tubed tyre with a puncture. It is not warranty it is just life.
The fact water is coming out probably means that you have been riding through water (wet roads are enough) with low pressure in the tube and water has been getting in via the tyre sidewalls not being hard pressed against the rim. Off road bikes always have water in between the tubes and tyre.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As it turns out...... The tube was pinched between the wheel and tire bead when inflated. It eventually rubbed through and left a long slit in the tube. The water was, as K1W1 mentioned, an accumulation of street moisture during the low pressure period. Opted to fix it myself, rather than make the extended drive to the dealer. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts