Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on an Icon, however I was disappointed to find out that the ABS cannot be
turned off on the 2019 Icons. Has anyone had there 19 icon off road and is the ABS much of a hindrance?
I understand they are not a total off-road machine but I do plan on pushing it as far as the bike will let me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Go for the desert sled 2019 it has off road mode that disconnects the abs in the rear wheel. It has great off road tires and a engine metal plate protector.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go for the desert sled 2019 it has off road mode that disconnects the abs in the rear wheel. It has great off road tires and a engine metal plate protector.

I’ve taken one for a test ride, and although it’s a nice bike, it’s not for me

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went to an off road track yesterday and leave the abs on on the ds and it felt great it's pretty intuitive and let you do everything. Not sure if it's the same system on the icon but I guess it is. If you want to do some off road i recommend you too put some serious off road boots and a crash protector on the bike and go for it.

The scramblers are awesome bikes. Really sturdy and versatile.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went out the back on a grass paddock to try the different modes
journey - bike brakes pretty predictable, had some fun , wouldn’t lock up the rear end. Front was good. I’m not really into using the front Offroad but it seemed ok, not sure how the cornering abs will go on the loose stuff.(not a lot of info on cornering abs for the sled anywhere)
offroad abs on - same as journey
offroad abs off - woo baby, slide,slide slide, rear wheel locked up easily, only tried the front in a straight line, it was fine.
for the riding I want this bike to do, abs on I think will be fine but I would like to be able to switch between Offroad on & off while riding at pace

·
Registered
4 Posts
I plan to ride my 2020 Icon off-road. If ABS can't be switched off from the controls, I'll back-off the F/R sensor ring pick-ups & see what happens. YMMV - J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts