Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new 2019 leftover scrambler. 6 miles on the odometer.

Not sure what the manufacturing month is but its reasonable to assume that the factory oil in the engine is over 12 months old or at least very close to it. Should I insist on an oil change to serve me this riding season?

·
Registered
118 Posts
At 1000km/625miles there is a required oil and filter change the dealer must do to maintain any warranty. I think it would be OK to just leave in the factory fill then change it at 1000km required, that's was I did with buying a new, prior year's model.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 1000km/625miles there is a required oil and filter change the dealer must do to maintain any warranty. I think it would be OK to just leave in the factory fill then change it at 1000km required, that's was I did with buying a new, prior year's model.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just recieved a confirmation/response from the dealer saying that the oil is fine since the motorcycle hasn't really been used and the oil is not contaminated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Right, since it is basically sitting in the showroom and no engine combustion by-products (little to none) have contacted the oil, it remains good.

6 miles on the odometer is about the lowest a factory fresh Duc will have (I stand corrected if anyone knows of lower mileage new US Ducs). And the factory fill is a synthetic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts