Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
The whole Sport Classic range was a bit of a disaster for Ducati. I think they were a couple of years ahead of the retro curve and the market just wasn't ready for them. If they were able to reintroduce them today I suspect they would sell as many as they could make.
I totally agree. That's what makes 'em special now and will increasingly in the future.

I think the Scrambler line is somewhat in the same vein though, albeit I think the Scrambler is pitched at both experienced and new/returning riders (lower spec, lower pricing, easy ego options), whereas the Sport Classic range was not so much for new riders.

I think the Scrambler line is somewhat in the same vein though, albeit I think the Scrambler is pitched at both experienced and new/returning riders (lower spec, lower pricing, easy ego options), whereas the Sport Classic range was not so much for new riders.
Agree. If the Sport Classics were on the market now that would be ideal for Scrambler owners who wanted to move up a bit to something different but wanted to retain the classic look. It won't happen of course.

Mine is currently on order. Should be here in a week or two. Sold my 2015 Scrambler Icon (first one on the road here in Tasmania) to a very happy new owner last weekend. Only changes to the Café Racer I'm considering will be a new exhaust and getting rid of that awful hugger.

The new Cafe Racer is gorgeous, I love the colour scheme. I didn't like the blue to begin with but it grew on me a lot. I still wonder how good it would look in black and silver but I get the whole calling back to a previous bike thing.

Favourite bits of the CR have to be the badges and logos, by far the best on any Scrambler.

The only gripe I have with it though is the spoked wheels... ugh. They look kinda cool but I'd much sooner have the lighter alloy rims on the racer.

The new one looks great. I saw one in the flesh on Tuesday down Walton-on-Thames way with a kid on the back.

I went with the 2017 black model but would have been happy with the new livery too.

Has the 2019 bike got any mechanical or electrical differences to the 2017?

I sold my '15 Scrambler Icon to get the new Cafe Racer two months ago. It's much nicer to to ride. Throttle action much smoother, wire wheels look great, now has gear indicator and fuel gauge plus hydraulic clutch amongst a number of other improvements. Much tidier. Riding position is great, not too 'bent over'. I'm looking forward to many happy times ahead. Sorry, have to go. Time for a ride!

Yay or nay??
Absolutely!!. I just jumped on one from a 2015 Multistrada 1200S.

Reason? I loved the touring capacity and power from the 1200s, but not much touring done and for the B roads and canyons, this is much better, even without all the safety the multi has, this has a much more tamable attitude. You feel Like you can drive it to the limit if you wanted to at all times. Coming from 160 HP its a massive desacerase, but the CR is much much lighter, and you can notice that.

It slowed me down, but now I am going faster, and every time I park and look back, i drool....

Just add a termi, shock spring cartridges and decent shock and you are set

S

The new Cafe Racer is gorgeous, I love the colour scheme. I didn't like the blue to begin with but it grew on me a lot. I still wonder how good it would look in black and silver but I get the whole calling back to a previous bike thing.

Favourite bits of the CR have to be the badges and logos, by far the best on any Scrambler.

The only gripe I have with it though is the spoked wheels... ugh. They look kinda cool but I'd much sooner have the lighter alloy rims on the racer.
I got a 2018 leftover with 5/6 miles. Brand new and really good price. The dealer painted the tank, front fender and back seat cover white. White, black and gold. Looks SWEET!!! better than the coffee black and one of a kind. Gold rim's much better than spoke wheel's, my opinion

I put silver rim tape on my Cafe Racer wheels. The rims are just too 'heavy' looking without it. Really changed the appearance much better aesthetically I reckon. BTW If you're looking for a Termignoni sound without the cost just remove the baffles and leave the outer shrouds. Just a nice sound without being loud (and saves a bit of weight as well)! You'll need to secure them with metal cable ties to stop any vibration but it works great. Also rather than pay a fortune for frame plugs I found some bobbins from a sewing machine look just as good for just a couple of dollars!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

I put silver rim tape on my Cafe Racer wheels. The rims are just too 'heavy' looking without it. Really changed the appearance much better aesthetically I reckon. BTW If you're looking for a Termignoni sound without the cost just remove the baffles and leave the outer shrouds. Just a nice sound without being loud (and saves a bit of weight as well)! You'll need to secure them with metal cable ties to stop any vibration but it works great. Also rather than pay a fortune for frame plugs I found some bobbins from a sewing machine look just as good for just a couple of dollars! View attachment 44326
Silver tape..NICE!!! SEWING BOBBIN'S COOL IDEA. I THOUGHT THE 2019,2020 EXHAUST WAS NOT TERM.?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.