Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced the clutch lever on a 2019 or 20 model. I’m a1or 2finger clutch operator & find the super long standard lever uncomfortable. I’m after a cheap eBay knockoff but all the ones I’ve googled for a 2019 show cable operated levers. can I use any other Ducati models lever? Maybe we need a thread for compatible parts.
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hacksaw. If it's an aesthetic thing, hacksaw + spraypaint. Plus, it just looks badass ("dude, you just hacked off the lever of a 13k bike?!". "Yeah, ain't got time for that sh*t!")

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where di you get those barkbusters ? I would like those with the alu bar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where di you get those barkbusters ? I would like those with the alu bar
They are actually an old pair of D-Flex I had laying around.
Things got a little interesting with the older style bar clamps I had, so I went with the newer "C" style clamp (see below)

I did a quick search on Revzilla, it looks like they have a variety of color options. I cant speak for all handguards, but most of them are going to be custom fitment or require a little bit of tweaking to get them right. I actually had to rotate my brake lever and mirrors a bit to get them to work, nothing major.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll have a look at trying to find some universal ones. KTM have some powerparts stuff that looks kinda like that, hade those on an old supermoto .

There is always tweaking :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll have a look at trying to find some universal ones. KTM have some powerparts stuff that looks kinda like that, hade those on an old supermoto .

There is always tweaking :)
They look pretty sweet! If I were buying new ones, instead of throwing on the old spare ones, I would make sure to look at the clamping hardware to avoid any issues with clearance issues (kinda hard to tell until you get in there and start working on it). Keep an eye on the length of the bar to see (roughly) where they are going to hit on your bar. I snugged the hardware for the mirrors and levers so I had some tweaking room. The new Tusks are sharp, but styling is subjective and comes down to tastes.

Keep me posted on your mod, be interested to see how it turns out.

Same to you Johnno50au and VVoltz, let me know how y'all make out with the stubbys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will, there are a few other things first that are a bit more expensive like, new gascap and a Hepco&Becker bag, one of those oldschool canvas ones. But I guess I should squeeze in some barkbusters since they are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anybody replaced the clutch lever on a 2019 or 20 model. I’m a1or 2finger clutch operator & find the super long standard lever uncomfortable. I’m after a cheap eBay knockoff but all the ones I’ve googled for a 2019 show cable operated levers. can I use any other Ducati models lever? Maybe we need a thread for compatible parts.
thanks
Look up DUCABIKE direct. Out of florida and not bad $$.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look up DUCABIKE direct. Out of florida and not bad $$.
Thanks mate, looked up the ducabike Aussie site, pretty Xy. I put the levers on standby for now, I’m waiting on a set of Pivot Pegz, had to send them measurements, I think they’re the same as the multistrada . I’ll let you guys know how it goes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts