Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw another thread on this but this is my observation.

In off road mode and the ABS turned off, BOTH front and rear ABS are disabled. This was tested in a rather heart-stopping moment.

Did previous models just disable the rear wheel?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Isn’t that exactly what you want?

(pre 2019 Sleds: no offroad mode but off=off, even after shutting down the bike)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn’t that exactly what you want?

(pre 2019 Sleds: no offroad mode but off=off, even after shutting down the bike)
it’s fine, but I have read several references (including this forum) that said it was a split disabling i.e. front abs, rear non-abs. This seems better to me because it allows locking, sliding the rear while reducing wash-out on the front.

https://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/journey-vs-off-road-mode.37747/

Either way, I was just putting it out there since it’s described differently in multiple places and also curious how other Scramblers work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically, you go into settings and select either Off Road or Journey mode. When you leave settings, a new screen is available for ABS On/Off and an Off Road tag shows up. When ABS is selected off, the only way to leave that screen is to select the up arrow and then ABS is turned back on regardless of speed (unlike manual stating below 3 mph).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts