Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When debating about buying the lowered seat (I'm 5'6"), I couldn't find a side-by-side comparison of the stock seat and the oem lower seat option. I got the low seat today, so I thought I'd share.

Pros: It's lower (though I can't really tell the difference). I feel more tucked-in, which might be more uncomfortable for male riders who may already feel like they're straddling the tank on the stock seat. The material is smooth all over, so not as much friction and easier to clean than the stock micro-suede type finish.

Cons: It's hard as a rock. I don't love that the lower seat has white lettering.

I might advise others to have the stock seat re-stuffed or to try another aftermarket seat if the price is comparable. I'll post an update after riding on it for a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I agree. The Ducati name in the back is not desirable for me either. I'm planning on re-stuffing the stock seat with a gel pad of some sort.

Reactions: MadEric

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like the Ducati lettering. Since "Scrambler" is in such big letters on the tank emblem people have started thinking that is the manufacturer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am same height and I couldn't touch the ground with the low seat let alone the standard. I dropped the forks in the triple clamps heaps and got more cut out of the low seat. Hard as but well shaped and if you ride one of these your supposed to be standing more anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When debating about buying the lowered seat (I'm 5'6"), I couldn't find a side-by-side comparison of the stock seat and the oem lower seat option. I got the low seat today, so I thought I'd share.

Pros: It's lower (though I can't really tell the difference). I feel more tucked-in, which might be more uncomfortable for male riders who may already feel like they're straddling the tank on the stock seat. The material is smooth all over, so not as much friction and easier to clean than the stock micro-suede type finish.

Cons: It's hard as a rock. I don't love that the lower seat has white lettering.

I might advise others to have the stock seat re-stuffed or to try another aftermarket seat if the price is comparable. I'll post an update after riding on it for a bit.
Would you consider selling the stock one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If anyone is interested, I have a seat off a sled that the PO cut down and inserted a gel pad. I'm 5'-10" and found it to be too short for my liking. The cover and pan are in like-new condition. Happy to sell and ship COUS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone is interested, I have a seat off a sled that the PO cut down and inserted a gel pad. I'm 5'-10" and found it to be too short for my liking. The cover and pan are in like-new condition. Happy to sell and ship COUS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts