Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've just purchased a really clean 2016 Scrambler Icon in yellow after 25 + years on lots of different bikes, and I'm loving the fun factor of this bike.
Has anyone upgraded their 2015 onwards Scrambler 800 seat to a 2019 onwards seat?

Reviews of the 2019 model bikes say this later seat is wider and flatter , and more comfortable. Thoughts anyone?

I've tried a Sargent seat and while it's little more comfy it's not a huge improvement, and also lower than standard so changes the ride position a bit.

Any other suggestions welcomed . Perhaps if anyone has tried the 25mm higher genuine comfort seat? I'm around 178cm or 5 10 1/2 tall
Cheers
Don

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Sorry can't help with your question but that is indeed a clean bike - nice one and welcome. I plumbed for the Sargent on mine and I was more than happy, it's probably a very subjective thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Both my father and I bought a 2019 Icon a year ago. It can't sit on it for more than two hours without stopping for an ass break. My father has been riding most of his life and he says the same. I haven't tried any aftermarket seat but in my opinion, unless is a really padded seat, you would be better off using one of those memory foam gel cushions (which would also not modify the looks of the bike)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Don,
The 2016 seats fits on the 2019 model and vice versa. The 2019 seats (regular and lower) are a bit more comfortable than the older one, but not good for a long tour. My wife got her 2019 ICON seat rebuild at a upholstery (in Germany: Jungbluth - the "pope" of motorcycle seats) customized for her weight and height and she is extremely happy now. I encourage you to do the same - costs are maybye a bit higher but then you really get what YOU want and need - and not what Ducatis wants to sell you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve had a 2016 Idon with both the regular seat and the low one AND a 2019 Icon with the regular seat. The most uncomfortable by far is the low seat but between the OG and the 2019 seats, plushness is basically the same IMHO.

I no longer have neither bike but I do have that 2019 seat and was looking to sell it, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Mustang seat is very comfortable and gives you a better riding position. View attachment 45574
Thanks for the reply . Is the seat lower than standard or similar height ? I've tried Sargent seat and it's a bit lower so doesn't work for me . Also just tried a Ducati comfort seat and that doesn't work in a different way , sort of burns rather than numb And just as quick less than 1/2 hour ! Frustrating ! Just want to ride bike for an hour and feel normal !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Don,
The 2016 seats fits on the 2019 model and vice versa. The 2019 seats (regular and lower) are a bit more comfortable than the older one, but not good for a long tour. My wife got her 2019 ICON seat rebuild at a upholstery (in Germany: Jungbluth - the "pope" of motorcycle seats) customized for her weight and height and she is extremely happy now. I encourage you to do the same - costs are maybye a bit higher but then you really get what YOU want and need - and not what Ducatis wants to sell you.

View attachment 45594
Thanks surfguy much appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry can't help with your question but that is indeed a clean bike - nice one and welcome. I plumbed for the Sargent on mine and I was more than happy, it's probably a very subjective thing.
Thanks for the reply Deano . Love this bike just need a comfy seat for normal 1 hour rides . Sargent seat for me a little too low

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve had a 2016 Idon with both the regular seat and the low one AND a 2019 Icon with the regular seat. The most uncomfortable by far is the low seat but between the OG and the 2019 seats, plushness is basically the same IMHO.

I no longer have neither bike but I do have that 2019 seat and was looking to sell it, if anyone is interested.
Hi Vvoltz thanks for your reply . If you were in Aus I would give the 2019 a try , trying to find a workable solution . Appreciate the feedback and experience with the 2019 seat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts