Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, I'm new to this forum and in the process of pulling the trigger on a 2019 DS, but not sure about the black wheels. If anyone has a new 2018 bike with gold wheels and wishes to swap then let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd love to swap. . . shipping from Arizona would probably be outrageous though. I think the black wheels are what belong on the DS!
I happen to think the opposite and that's me not a fan of gold wheels! But geographically it's too big a stretch I feel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mark I would love to swap ! I don’t like my gold wheels !

I live north Cambs but can ride up to Yorkshire no problem ..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you put it like that it does sound a bit gaudy ... mines red
Could you get used to it...’19 colour scheme has really grown on me. I put s Leo Vince chimney on it and changed the shock and fork internals to Ohlins...fantastic! Off the scale better

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Keep the black wheels dude, If you ever scratch them they're way easier to patch up again (Sharpie, anyone?).

I actually wish mine were plain aluminium.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there anyone in the Midwest (Michigan) interested in trading gold for black? I have 2017 gold rims and I'm going to powder coat them to black soon if I can't find a black set to swap with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys, I've recently learned of rimwrapz and am currently working on setting up a time to have him (Gregg) measure and make a set for me. He said his only concern would be where the wheel weights stick to the wrap. He also added that changing tires and re-balancing would/could leave marks where the previous weights were placed. -My Sled isn't a garage queen and this part is of no concern to me.

He's stoked on the idea of doing something for Ducati's and has sent over a couple ideas. The graphic below is a 60/40 split. The only difference I would make is a larger font -reaching out to the edge of the wheel and maybe a more sinister looking X. (!?) Still haven't decided on a final design but here's the example. (not really a photoshop whizz but maybe someone here is and could help with the design?) Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I've recently learned of rimwrapz and am currently working on setting up a time to have him (Gregg) measure and make a set for me. He said his only concern would be where the wheel weights stick to the wrap. He also added that changing tires and re-balancing would/could leave marks where the previous weights were placed. -My Sled isn't a garage queen and this part is of no concern to me.

He's stoked on the idea of doing something for Ducati's and has sent over a couple ideas. The graphic below is a 60/40 split. The only difference I would make is a larger font -reaching out to the edge of the wheel and maybe a more sinister looking X. (!?) Still haven't decided on a final design but here's the example. (not really a photoshop whizz but maybe someone here is and could help with the design?) Let me know your thoughts.
View attachment 45255
That looks really awesome honestly

1 - 20 of 22 Posts