Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up? just picked up my cr in june and have been doing some pretty cool mods to it that I would like to share. First off I think the clip on handlebars on the CR are too high. So I lowered them. In addition to this there is too much height on the front forks. So I lowered the bike on them and then lowered the rear shock accordingly. I then removed the cat and exhaust and added a radiant cycles shorty gp exhaust. Also I added a k&n filter. I really like the feel of the lowered handlebars. It's aggressive like a real cafe racer should be. It's still comfy but it really dials you into the bike and it become more fun as it feels more apart of you as opposed to sitting awkwardly upright. I also slightly angled the clips ons in a bit more and it gives you an even more agile and aggressive feel through the turns. The next mod will be doing something about the number panels on the side and deleting my front and rear turn signals. They're ugly and I have no clue what ducati was thinking.. any suggestions?

MOST IMPORTANTLY I will be purchasing a rexxer from David at Rexxer and then cutting open my airbox to have a near free flowing setup with a perfect air/fuel mixture. I've heard of 8-10 hp gains with these mods plus a tune.

This bike started brand new and here is how it currently looks with mods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looking good! As for indicators, you used the term 'delete'. I'd say if you want to make them near invisible, then you could get a New Rage Cycles fixture for your rear - there's a couple of strip-like ones floating around - or go even more minimal with this conbined brake/turn signal one from Mugello.

1597383517076.png

Up front, probably the most minimal I've seen are the Motogadget m.blase ones (seen here, but virtually invisible!).

Would all come down on style though, and how modern you want to go. I've personally installed some Rizoma Corsa and Leggeras. They're a bit bigger (still tiny) but I like the have some visibility and distance from my tail light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude those are sick!! Thank you for sharing that. I'm going to pick up both of those today! Should clean everything up nicely.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No worries man! A caution on the Mugello lights - someone gave mixed reports on the forums here saying the quality wasn't great (that said, the post is a couple of years old now), and it will take forever coming from Thailand. I've got a seat on order there and it was a 12 week waiting time 😬

For side panels, something from BMG Concepts might match the style you're after - they have some more modern panels on their website.

Post pics of whatever you do though! Be great to see where you go with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries man! A caution on the Mugello lights - someone gave mixed reports on the forums here saying the quality wasn't great (that said, the post is a couple of years old now), and it will take forever coming from Thailand. I've got a seat on order there and it was a 12 week waiting time 😬

For side panels, something from BMG Concepts might match the style you're after - they have some more modern panels on their website.

Post pics of whatever you do though! Be great to see where you go with it.
Thanks man those "803" side panels are so perfect. I was looking to get rid of all the plastic on the side.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got the ECU remapped. This has to be the single best upgrade I could imagine. David got it pulling almost to 60 in 1st gear when previously it redlined at 47mph. The power is now throughout the entire rev range and it pulls like a beast. All I've done is add a k&n filter and removed the cat adding a shorty pipe. Apparently adding a full akra system will yield quite a bit additional horsepower. Next up is getting rid of this awful suspension.

The ECU remap made it an entirely new bike. I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey man, do you mind sharing your exact tune to get the results you’re experiencing? I’ve got to send my ECU back to David @ Rexxer from last summer (2019 CR). There were apparently some issues going on with the CR and DS at the time due to having different tunes (or something to that effect) than the rest of the lineup from what I can recall. Thanks in advance!
Just got the ECU remapped. This has to be the single best upgrade I could imagine. David got it pulling almost to 60 in 1st gear when previously it redlined at 47mph. The power is now throughout the entire rev range and it pulls like a beast. All I've done is add a k&n filter and removed the cat adding a shorty pipe. Apparently adding a full akra system will yield quite a bit additional horsepower. Next up is getting rid of this awful suspension.

The ECU remap made it an entirely new bike. I highly recommend it!
I’ve got

1 - 8 of 8 Posts