Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As the title says, my 2020 Desert Sled has no free play in the clutch. I recently changed my levers to ASV C5 sport brake and clutch levers since they pivot so it wont snap the lever if I drop it while off road.

I've been looking everywhere to try to find a guide on how to adjust the free play on this bike but to no avail. Can someone please help me out?

Right now it has no free play and I can feel that the clutch is slightly engaged at all times so it's revving high and not delivering all of the power to the rear wheel.

Does anyone have access to a write up, the service manual or could explain to me how I would adjust the hydraulic clutch on this particular bike?

Thank you so much in advance.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Sounds to me that the replacement levers you purchased are probably not an exact match for the OEM ones so the very first thing to do is remove the lever and compare it carefully with the OEM one and if it does not match go back to the supplier of the lever and complain.
Put the OEM lever back on until you resolve the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds to me that the replacement levers you purchased are probably not an exact match for the OEM ones so the very first thing to do is remove the lever and compare it carefully with the OEM one and if it does not match go back to the supplier of the lever and complain.
Put the OEM lever back on until you resolve the issue.
It's funny you say that because I had ordered some levers from them and ordered the ones recommended to me on another ducati forum and they didn't fit at all. After speaking with the manufacturer, they said the ones I ordered were incorrect and told me these were the correct ones. Brake and clutch lever fit fine and the brake lever works perfectly but the clutch lever is giving me this issue. I'm really hoping that there's a way to adjust the free play because I had snapped the OEM clutch lever so I threw it away after I installed the ASV ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts