Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my ‘20 Pro Sport yesterday. Very impressed so far. Had Angel GTs fitted instead of the factory ones. It’s never going off-road. I’ve always liked the Cafe Racer, especially the original black ones, and this is the bigger, more capable version in my opinion. I owned an early Monster (1000 Sie) and this bike, to me, is the modern equivalent. Really floats my boat, like an original 900ss or other 90’S vintage Ducati’s.
Just checking my suspension settings (against the book) and the rear preload seems a bit off. Anyone know a good set up engineer in the North West UK (Chester/Liverpool)?

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve ordered a quick release fuel cap, which is common with the Monster range. I can then add a Givi Tanklock ring to allow me to use my Givi Tankbag without fear of scratching the Matt paint!
The Tyres were an early upgrade. It came with heated grips (very well intergrated via the dash).
First order of business is running in. Then I’ll see what, if anything, needs changing.
I’d like to get the suspension set up properly, else there’s little point in buying Öhlins.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I’ve ordered a quick release fuel cap, which is common with the Monster range. I can then add a Givi Tanklock ring to allow me to use my Givi Tankbag without fear of scratching the Matt paint!
The Tyres were an early upgrade. It came with heated grips (very well intergrated via the dash).
First order of business is running in. Then I’ll see what, if anything, needs changing.
I’d like to get the suspension set up properly, else there’s little point in buying Öhlins.
Absolutely agree, would be a waste not taking the time andcectra effort to get the most out of the suspension .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats buddy... bike looks lovely..I am waiting for mine.. been 2 weeks already since I ordered the bike.. how soon did you get it from date of order?
Heated grips - are they worth the money. The dealer here in Ireland is charging me 370€ for the heated grips. Would love to know your feedback!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I waited 6 weeks from order date. 6 long, drawn out weeks of torture!

The grips seem good. They operate via the switch gear/dash. They’re a sub menu within the system. Scroll through trip, range etc to grips, enter then chose low/med/high. It’s intuitive and easy to use. Because it uses the left hand switches it’s easy to do whilst riding. My last bike (Multistrada) has a dedicated button on the right switches, but you couldn’t use it without releasing the throttle (useless).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I waited 6 weeks from order date. 6 long, drawn out weeks of torture!

The grips seem good. They operate via the switch gear/dash. They’re a sub menu within the system. Scroll through trip, range etc to grips, enter then chose low/med/high. It’s intuitive and easy to use. Because it uses the left hand switches it’s easy to do whilst riding. My last bike (Multistrada) has a dedicated button on the right switches, but you couldn’t use it without releasing the throttle (useless).
Its only been 2 weeks, and I cannot sleep properly thinking about this baby..Wife is not very happy about that lol!!

Inserted some frame bungs to finish the look and prevent water/dirt build up. Rubber chair Ferrules off eBay, 19mm.
I am ordering them now!

I was planning on getting these protectors for the bike
They also have some crash bobbins that I was looking at..Do you plan on getting any of these?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tempted by the oil cooler guard. I’ve had Evotech stuff before and it’s very well made. The engine guard might keep some crud off, but I’m not sold.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s the subtle decals that make a bike. Retro logo with a strong contrast colour.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wheel Decals look great!
Ive been trying out tank decal options... tried the Giugaro style logo, the ducati meccanica logo, I've got some nice brushed metal effect Ducati vintage wing style badges to try too. But I keep going back to the plain tank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Giugaro logo is my daughters fave too. I took it off as had not aligned one side properly, I wanted the exposed screw to sit inside the "C" but i'd put it a little too low so it looked odd close up, I've got replacements to put on. I also wanted to try the wings for a while, but I feel they may look too retro.

The decals are off ebay
cheap but seem very high quality, held up with a good wash etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Skippy, I do like how the twin outlines reflect the two lines in front of the "scrambler ducati" script under the tank.

I really liked it on the club italia version too, which is what made me source and apply this style

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks Skippy, I do like how the twin outlines reflect the two lines in front of the "scrambler ducati" script under the tank.

I really liked it on the club italia version too, which is what made me source and apply this style
Yes it matches that really well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Giugaro logo is my daughters fave too. I took it off as had not aligned one side properly, I wanted the exposed screw to sit inside the "C" but i'd put it a little too low so it looked odd close up, I've got replacements to put on. I also wanted to try the wings for a while, but I feel they may look too retro.

The decals are off ebay
cheap but seem very high quality, held up with a good wash etc.
Having ordered a set it appears the inside of the “C” is 8mm and the screw hole is 10mm. Going to need to play with the location to get it right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's how I'd placed it... IMG_20200813_174555.jpg

But not entirely happy with it. I'm going to try the smaller 100mm length version and see if that fits better under the screw. Or may get a clear plastic cover for the screw to stop the Ducati script "deforming" too much

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think if you get the right cap it will hide the screw enough as to let you forget about it. Out of site out of mind.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts