Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anybody know if the Scrambler 1100's are being discontinued for 2020, more specifically the Sport model? Unfortunately, my local dealer cannot give me a straight answer on this. However, they do have a demo 1100 Sport model for a few grand less than retail. I would prefer to buy new but if this bike is going to be discontinued for 2020 I might as well buy the demo. Many thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not being discontinued. 2 new/additional trim models even being offered (last I read). Unless you want one of the new trims, probably worth considering the leftovers tho, the 3 continuation models are unchanged, save some $s and get up on two even sooner.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi All,

Does anybody know if the Scrambler 1100's are being discontinued for 2020, more specifically the Sport model? Unfortunately, my local dealer cannot give me a straight answer on this. However, they do have a demo 1100 Sport model for a few grand less than retail. I would prefer to buy new but if this bike is going to be discontinued for 2020 I might as well buy the demo. Many thanks.
Depends on what you are looking for. The rumor is that there will be two new models that are probably going to be more hardcore off road orientated. If you don't need this get an ex demo with the biggest discount you can get and spent the difference on cool parts and gasoline ;-).

Scrambler 1100 Pro & Sport Pro to join Ducati’s 2020 range

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not being discontinued. 2 new/additional trim models even being offered (last I read). Unless you want one of the new trims, probably worth considering the leftovers tho, the 3 continuation models are unchanged, save some $s and get up on two even sooner.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just heard the 1100 pro is will be showed january 2020. Double exhaust on a side but not termignonis, and new graphics....

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wow, pretty hard to tell what's going on but it looks like a more road then terrain oriëntated model.
I see a more or less straight bar, high exhaust and maybe a rear frame that looks more like the 800 set up(probably to save weight).
What I guess is little more hp and better brakes and öhlins shocks.
We will see in 11 days.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Some details.Flat bars with some untidy brake and clutch lines. Same brakes, öhlins and a different liscence plate bracket like the 800 Scrambler and rivited exhaust cans so they are of the absorbtion type.
Screenshot_20200116-235549_1.jpg
Screenshot_20200116-235550_1.jpg
Screenshot_20200116-235540_1.jpg
BA20639A-3777-4E0C-AE40-2342DDA89DF0.jpeg
DEC1AD2B-FC4B-46E8-8C99-7FCBCA85E4A6.jpeg

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm not into low licence plate. And low bar a well. But the black tank/golden suspension must be' the sport version. The other seems brown seat and black suspension. Same license plate. The exhaust looks familiar .....

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm not into low licence plate. And low bar a well. But the black tank/golden suspension must be' the sport version. The other seems brown seat and black suspension. Same license plate. The exhaust looks familiar .....
So far I'm not impressed. Nothing much going on to justify the "pro" name in my opinion.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Little bit of a letdown, another styling exercise model.
Was hoping for more of a cafe racer level of upgrade but seems to be another ‘Flat Track Pro’

lower bars, slightly different seat and another paint scheme.
I’m genuinely surprised Ducati don’t seem interested in competing with the likes of the Thruxton RS or even the RnineT.

A sleek looking, 1100 cafe racer could bring back some 1000 Sport Classic vibes. Which would be ace since they are like unicorns and much better to look at than ride.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Little bit of a letdown, another styling exercise model.
Was hoping for more of a cafe racer level of upgrade but seems to be another ‘Flat Track Pro’

lower bars, slightly different seat and another paint scheme.
I’m genuinely surprised Ducati don’t seem interested in competing with the likes of the Thruxton RS or even the RnineT.

A sleek looking, 1100 cafe racer could bring back some 1000 Sport Classic vibes. Which would be ace since they are like unicorns and much better to look at than ride.
I totally agree. When the furst "Pro" rumors started I expected something that would rival the Triumph 1200 Scrambler models.
So far I see very little "pro" details that would increase the performance compaired to the current 1100.
We'll have to wait and see I guess.
When the Scrambler 1100 was introduced I was also underwhelmed(mostly due to the price and performance numbers) but at the end of 2018 when I got one as a loaner and this came available used I ended up buying it. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Guess they simply tried to adjust what was broken.. better exhaust..that slippery seat... that cable (personally I like the old).. a restyling called pro

1 - 20 of 51 Posts