Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have mentioned before but the Desert Sled from 2021 in the EU and North America have different headers. The North American market continued using the headers that the EU models used until 2020. So if someone on this thread says there is no problem fitting an Arrow or Zard etc. then it is possible that they are located in North America.

The give away is if your bike is a 2021 model and the headers have springs retaining the various sections, then it was most likely made for the North American market. If your bike is a 2021 model and the headers have what I would call band clamps at the point of where the rear header pipe meets the straight part of the headers (i.e. where your right thigh would be when sitting on the bike) and again where the headers join the catalyst and end can, then you have an EU Euro5 bike. It is these bikes that will not accept the end cans that the Desert Sled benefited from in the earlier years.

It is frustrating and I ended up putting a set of Euro4 headers on my Euro5 bike so that I had the options of Arrow, Zard, HP Corse, Leo Vince etc. etc. Two things you need to be aware of though when carrying out that change. Firstly, the Euro4 headers require two 'bungs' that you will need to order from Ducati. These are located on the front and rear header sections where the headers join the front and rear cylinder heads. These are NOT for the lambda sensors. The lambda sensors fit in exactly the same place as where they were in the Euro5 headers. HOWEVER the Euro4 headers have a larger aperture than the Euro5 headers, so your lambda sensor will just drop through the opening! Not to worry, you can buy adaptors to increase the outside diameter thread size of your Euro5 lambda sensors (see eBay) to overcome this.

My apologies for this overly long post, but I hope it might help someone at least in understanding the difference between the two markets (not sure about Australasia sorry?) and provide a solution if you cannot wait for Euro5 exhausts to come to the EU market.

DC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tom!

the exhaust above is not homologated for the Desert Sled but the other Scramblers (Icon etc.)... although it's the same enginge...
I had contact to the german Zard distributor.
Theres no Desert Sled version yet because of the high homologation costs and lack of demand (I can hardly believe).
Greetz,
Padde
I just purchased a 2022 desert sled does anyone know of a after market exhaust that will fit it? thanks rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
It looks like GPR are now doing slip on silencers for the (UK) 22 Desert Sled too (although I’ve been wrong before 😂). Just ordered the GPR Furore Evo4 Nero. Fingers crossed…

·
Registered
15 Posts
Leo vince also have exhausts for euro 5 bikes.....the big question for you guys.....happy to just drop the cat & existing and fit one of these 'euro 5' exhaust with no remap/ecu changes?

Appreciated it may be preferable to have an remap after a change but i am led to believe it is not essential and no damage will be done?

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Leo vince also have exhausts for euro 5 bikes.....the big question for you guys.....happy to just drop the cat & existing and fit one of these 'euro 5' exhaust with no remap/ecu changes?

Appreciated it may be preferable to have an remap after a change but i am led to believe it is not essential and no damage will be done?

thanks
Will keep you posted!

·
Registered
6 Posts
haha thanks tom! the question is how do you know. if you fit it it will 100% run and should run fine but how do you know if its running to lean....thats the issue!?
I’m taking a brave pill and will just suck it and see. They (GPR) claim it doesn’t need a remap, but if it feels lumpy I’ll drop it into the dealer - and let you guys know!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts