Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Usually the dealer would program the key to the gauge unless you know who can do it for you. Ive had to replace locks because I bought DS that was stolen at some point and I sent my dash out to Rexxer to have they keys programmed to the chip inside the dash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually the dealer would program the key to the gauge unless you know who can do it for you. Ive had to replace locks because I bought DS that was stolen at some point and I sent my dash out to Rexxer to have they keys programmed to the chip inside the dash.
I was told the new speedo would take the programming from the bike

Bike starts and runs on this new speedo vs it would not on a used speedo that i tried

·
Registered
14 Posts
i transferred the board from the old speedo that only had a cracked screen
How did you take your old speedo apart? I removed the 6 small hex screws from the back?...My LCD is completely destroyed and would consider replacement if possible or find a replacement and remove the board as you did...just need help on separating the speedo to get to the internals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4 screws hold the bezel and 4 are for speedo halves
there's a gasket between halves but it should give u much fight but if u only got 6 and ure missing 2 screws

·
Registered
14 Posts
I removed all of the small screws from around the bezel and the halves won't come apart...just wondering if you had a tough time or if the halves were easy to separate. I have an LCD screen that's damaged but need to get to the internals so I can keep the original odometer reading.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I removed all of the small screws from around the bezel and the halves won't come apart...just wondering if you had a tough time or if the halves were easy to separate. I have an LCD screen that's damaged but need to get to the internals so I can keep the original odometer reading.
nope

both of them separated easily

1 - 12 of 12 Posts