Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, hi...
John, 38, Cheshire, been riding since I was 17 and had everything from 125cc 2 stroke, ZXR400 import, ZX7R, early Fireblades, GSXR 600 and 1000, Yammy R6, to the last 3 years on a Ducati Multistrada 1200S... The bike did 7000 miles with me, including a trip through the alps and down to south France, and I LOVED IT... however, the time for a change came, my long distance riding days have gone, and I wanted something fun..

Somehow, I ended up buying a Desert Sled - fell in love with the retro looks, and read reports on it being a decent all rounder - so I took the plunge.

After 30miles on the road to scrub a bit of grip into the tyres, I disappeared at the weekend with a KTM990 Adventurer into the Cheshire/Derbyshire hills - in search of mud, shale, rock and dirt.. and we found it.. lots of it

The bike was amazingly good - but let me confess, I am no off road riding king... I've done years of knee sliding and wheelies on the road - track days etc, but off road ive only done 2 days green laning in wales... However... I felt great on the Desert Sled.

The bike came back on Saturday eve on 173 miles, and was covered in crap....

So I woke up Sunday and did it all again...

Love the bike, it really does handle the road and the dirt equally well - and I would love to get out with any similar bikes in the North/North West/Midlands area... So drop me a note if your reading this and want to come play!

Attachments

60 Posts
Fantastic, I wish we have some lanes like the one in the picture in Norfolk. We have a few green lanes, but they tend to only last for a mile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
helps to have the local knowledge - my pal with the KTM has been off road riding for years. There is however, HEAPs to go at....
From tight rocky twisties, to wide fast fire roads - there was all sorts of fun..

60 Posts
Sounds like heaven to me :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts