Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I live in North Vancouver Canada and bought my first ever road bike at the tender age of 54. Fitting with the number plate on the side of the Scrambler, right?

I got to ride it about 2,500km in the fall last year until it got too cold and wet to be enjoyable. I cannot tell you how hard it was to wait until the 1st of March when I re-licensed it and put it back out on the road.

I fell in love with the idea of getting a Ducati in the spring of 2019 when I was working in San Francisco and a work friend let me ride his 2017 black and gold Cafe Racer over the Golden Gate Bridge and back into the city. Amazing feeling and experience and I knew from that point I would buy my own.

General impressions so far:

1. LOVE the look of my bike, I would not change anything, even the exhaust (which I understand can make some significant differences) as I think she's perfect as is
2. LOVE getting so many nods, smiles, thumbs up and random people coming up to ask about my bike...she is a looker for sure!
3. LOVE the way she feels and responds on throttle and braking and cornering and for me as a first time road biker, its amazing for me to build up my skills and not kill myself
4. LOVE driving around the city on it, and also have done a few 4 hour trips on it, Vancouver to Whistler and back, which is one of the nicest roads in the PNW
5. LOVE the Ducati community, and bike community in general....everyone seems so chill and friendly and always eager to talk when you pull off the road for coffee or a stretch of the legs....
6. My 15 year old son, asked me this weekend to save the bike for him when he gets old enough to ride....

Tough decision now....I need another bike, and am torn between a 1260S MultiStrada or the Enduro...first world problems indeed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice bike and welcome to the obsession that's motor cycling. Another bike as in a second one for the shed or a replacement?
Thanks Dr Walrus! Yours looks awesome too! That is an 1100 or 800cc?

I think I need two bikes, one for long road rides (i.e. the 1260s Multistrada) and I will keep my Cafe Racer for around the city and quick rips up to Whistler for coffee and back....

How about you? 1 or 2 bikes or more?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bike is a 2015 icon 800. unfortunately I only have the one, but I do ride every day.
Looks like you live in Australia! Must be nice to ride every day. We have snow coming tomorrow and its Spring already! Anyhow drive safe out there my friend! And thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2019 (new rider too) Icon but my father has a 2018 Africa Twin and a 2019 Multistrada Pikes Peak... I dont have the required license to drive those two yet but let me tell you he is super happy with his 1260. He test drove the enduro before he got the PP and tells me that they drive pretty similar. However, he tells me that the higher capacity deposit and the slightly taller windshield makes the enduro better for longer rides. If he wouldn't have already had the Africa Twin, he would've gone for the enduro instead... thats just his opinion though!

In your situation, because you already have a great bike for twisty roads and the city, I would go for the enduro for those longer rides and in case you want to ever go on easy trails.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2019 (new rider too) Icon but my father has a 2018 Africa Twin and a 2019 Multistrada Pikes Peak... I dont have the required license to drive those two yet but let me tell you he is super happy with his 1260. He test drove the enduro before he got the PP and tells me that they drive pretty similar. However, he tells me that the higher capacity deposit and the slightly taller windshield makes the enduro better for longer rides. If he wouldn't have already had the Africa Twin, he would've gone for the enduro instead... thats just his opinion though!

In your situation, because you already have a great bike for twisty roads and the city, I would go for the enduro for those longer rides and in case you want to ever go on easy trails.

Good luck!
Great advice and thanks. Since I live in British Columbia, there are 1000's of KM of forest service roads all over the place and also not to mention Alaska and the Yukon. The Enduro might be the best bet for sure!

Enjoy your new Icon! The all black Pro Sport (?) for 2020 looks incredible....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts