Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I searched several threads, with only partial luck, so I thought I make a new one regarding conversion from 520 chain to 525.
I have now 18.000+ km on my bike and despite I lube my chain almost too often, it is now almost gone (some parts have huge slack while some parts are tighter)
Somwhere around 10k km I changed the front to 16 teeth sprocket and loved the mod.

Now, I want to have similar ratio without too much worry about the front rubbing etc.. So I want to go back to 15 front and therefor change the rear to 43, maybe 44 but with 525 chain instead.

Any idea what aftermarket options do we have?
is M796 front 15 (stock) and can it be used?
Any ideas regarding the rear one?

thank you for your imputs

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Why convert to 525, Martin? I think I'd like to gear up too, 5th and 6th feel a lot alike to me. Somewhere I read a caution on a smaller rear sprocket due to a risk of the chain wearing on the swingarm, anybody had that happen?

Sarah

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I expected more than 18K km from the OEM chain..
But I called mechanic at Ducati and he said that 525 conversion will not fit.. (front 15T from 796) rear would have been machined
So I ordered rear 43T and front 15 and 520 heavy duty DID ZVMX chain..
If it touches the swingarm I will let you know and change it to 44T rear ;)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Please let us know how you like the 15/43 set up. I'm right at 17,000 miles on my bike and it will soon be chain and sprocket time.

Sarah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts