Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing the first 600 mile service myself. Aside from them turning the service light off will they do anything special that I am not capable of doing? Is the warranty affected if I don't have records of a dealer doing the major service intervals? Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think the first service is oil change, clean the oil screen and I haven't discovered where that is check the log for recalls, check over for tight bolts and zero the service light. From my warranty experience, and I have had two in the first three months, they will reject everything if you do the first service yourself. I have to travel 250 km to my nearest service point and they refused to let my local guy do the service.

·
Registered
56 Posts
^^ Yes that was my understanding too when this came up for me. I had factored in the cost of it when I was purchasing the bike.

Not sure if this also applies for the 1 Yr/7500 mile service, if it also needs to be done by the dealer for the warranty to remain intact.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speaking
of voiding any warranty. Anyone know if I remove these stickers if it will effect the warranty. A lot of good info on them, they just look so bad.

·
Registered
748 Posts
In Australia it would be illegal of Ducati to bounce a warranty claim when there was proof that the first service had been carried out by a third party to the manufacturer specifications.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Speaking View attachment 44266 of voiding any warranty. Anyone know if I remove these stickers if it will effect the warranty. A lot of good info on them, they just look so bad.
I wont affect you warranty but it could affect your ability to register the bike depending on requirements in your country. Those labels are there is specific places to meet legal requirements for environmental and safety certifications. Once again here in Australia you would not be able to sell the bike to anybody else if those stickers were not where they are supposed to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts