Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey lads, looking to get into the ducati's. Ive seen a bunch of modified ones and am excited to get myself a 2016 icon.
However I'm 6'2 or 188 cm in height (190lbs), and I'm kinda worried ill look a bit to big on one.

Does anyone my size happen to have some pics of themselves on a scram?

Thanks a mill!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey fellow Giraffe,

One of my priorities was getting a bike which didn't look make me look like I was riding a mini-motor. I was also avoiding adventure style bikes which is the classic recommendation for tall people. I'm 6'3" and the proportions of the Icon are perfect imo. I may buy the higher seat to go with it for added comfort, my bony ass can't take the pounding of the stock seat 😅.

Anyway, I'd say go for it.

DB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, yea im also not into the adventure bike scene yet. Of all retro, heritage, naked bikes the scram is just the best on paper, if riden one very briefly once but nowhere near a big window to see how it actually looked.

Tho that was an UE I think the ergos and size are the same as the icon with the exception of the high mudguard and spokes. ( I would customize anyways, so no need for the UE).

What I do remember is that the thing threw into corners, and had just the right amount of go (can honestly say that its enough coking from 130+ hp bikes)

I did a bit of googlin but its usually shorter folk that post pictures.

Do you happen to have a pic of you on yours truly? (The bike I mean)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha hurty up man, all I need is a side profile with foot on the peg for reference.

If all goes well I'll pic up a red on next Friday

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jeff, I'm 6'2" and feel good on it. I don't have a pic unfortunately, and I'm told I look tall for the bike, but surprisingly my legs feel great when riding, hope this helps...

Reactions: De_Jeff

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm 6"3 and went for the Desert Sled because I felt the 'normal size' Scramblers were too small for me. I never rode the latter so I'd definitely trust the guys who say it's ok but a DS might be an option to try if you're unsure?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Motorcycles have always been designed to best suit riders in the 5'8" - 5'10" range. I guess that is where the majority of the buying demographic fit size wise. If a 6'2" rider is concerned about how they look rather than how the bike feels to them then a Scrambler 800 is not the bike to buy. A Scrambler 1100 maybe or a physically larger bike like a cruiser probably would be a better visual fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!

A little tall isn't a problem.. at 6'2 we'll look a little tall on all fun bikes. I just dont want to look like a gorilla on a tricycle.

From what i understand, isn't the desert sled physically the same size with the exception of larger wheels, and longer suspension?
I would love to be able to splash desertsled money on a bike, but it unfortunately out of my budget.

Id love the look of some cruisers, but they really don't suit my riding style.

If anyone has a side pic it would really help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm that doesn't look to bad.. i mean its no Harley Davidson Roadking.

Tat large, but nothing crazy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have some old test sit pics form a few years back when I test ride one, but unfortunately no side profile ones.

Pinguing face for helmet reference ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
You don't look too big in those pics, the low centre of gravity on the normal size 800s is probably a lot of fun, something I wonder about compared to my lankier DS.

I'm 6"3 and here's a DS side on for reference

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks braap, nice sled btw!
Are those tank panels custom?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice! Gave it follow. ffin jealous on your backyard too btw.. some country. Unfortunately Ive only ever been to Edinburgh so far, but am planning to return to see a bit more outside of the city.

·
Registered
3 Posts
im 6ft5 275lbs on a 2018 desert sled no complaints yet only 200 miles i even stand up for a mile or 2 to ease my butt from the seat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts