Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my FTP done yesterday.

250 mile round trip. Really enjoyed the ride through our good old English countryside A road. Need to get better in the corners. Didn't push it as quite a bit of mud on the road (farmers cultivating this time of year). Lovely day, a bit windy but no rain and great countryside.

The service. I am not going to mention any names but I was quite disappointed. Before the service I was asked to list anything that I wanted looked at. I emailed 3-4 questions and also said that my clock keeps jumping forward one hour when I leave the bike unridden for more than a few days. My main question concerned the handlebar risers, which I fitted, that rest on the original top clamps and whether that might induce headshake. When it came to the end of the service I asked about both the above and it was like I was talking a foreign language. They did reset the clock which I have done twice and eventually agreed to contact Ducati if it happens again. I read somewhere about what this service should include (in addition to the oil, oil filter and 'bolt tightening checks') but can't find it now.

When riding home the bike seemed to backfire more than before when coming off the throttle. The headlight is fantastic in the dark by the way (especially full beam).

The cost was £172.52. I also ordered a rear mudguard that I need to get painted to match the front. Cost £85.40 plus £9.59 delivery. When I bought the bike I had the racing termi fitted at £850 so I feel I have 'done my bit'.

I am seriously considering going to my local Ducati dealer for the next service. They did not have a FTP when I was buying.

So a nice ride a bit spoiled by the service. Is it me?:angry:

·
Registered
142 Posts
The cost seems a little high.. I think I paid about $300. My clock gained about 15 minutes shortly after I bought the Icon but then stabilized. I'm able to get the instrument panel into setup but have never been able to set the clock... A dealer with a competent and fair priced service operation is worth more than gold.. I had my friends at Suzuki of Seneca, SC , USA change the tires on my Icon... They won't do Desmo stuff so I'm stuck with the Ducati dealer 40 miles away :-(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts