Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mid 70's Ducati 250 scrambler and I am trying to fine out how to determine the proper oil type and oil level ( capacity) for this bike - it seems that filling to the level of the filler plug would be a heck of a lot of oil
but I do not see a "fill levil plug" - Also what engine oil works best for this bike ?
Mac

·
Registered
90 Posts
on the left side toward front of engine is a oil fill plug that has a rod coming out of it in the middle when removed. The rod has two lines that I believe indicate low and high oil level. Do not remove plug with bike on side stand. Use center stand or hold bike straight up. Add 40 weight single viscosity oil with a funnel a little bit at a time and check with dip stick by inserting into oil. Do not screw in dip stick plug to check oil level, just insert straight in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the left side toward front of engine is a oil fill plug that has a rod coming out of it in the middle when removed. The rod has two lines that I believe indicate low and high oil level. Do not remove plug with bike on side stand. Use center stand or hold bike straight up. Add 40 weight single viscosity oil with a funnel a little bit at a time and check with dip stick by inserting into oil. Do not screw in dip stick plug to check oil level, just insert straight in.
WELL ! THIS is why I HATE OLD people ( and getting worse as I age) - I have been repairing and riding and building bikes since I was 14 yrs old ( now 71) and own a bike shop , yet I missed that all togather ( woe is me ! ) - Now I will add oil to the bike -- IF I'm capable of following these complicated distructions -lol
Thanks to member 115 - 450 Jupiter - for this wake up call -- how embarrasing !

Mac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts