Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am picking up a new Scrambler UE this Saturday and have a few questions maybe someone can answer.

I really like the look of the high rear aluminum fender on the Classic and will add that to my UE. Has anyone done this to either a UE, Icon or Full Throttle? It looks like I'll need a plate holder and cannot tell if the one on the Classic is the same one Ducati sells as the "Aluminum Number Plate Support." I know the words number plate support don't sound correct but the part looks about right. Alternatively I can go with a tail tidy as I'll need to use something.

If I mount this aluminum fender, I won't need the standard rain guard. Does anyone know if this is a simple mechanical removal? I think all the lighting is mounted up high so I think I can just unbolt this piece without having to concern myself with any electrical re-routing.

I sat on that Classic today and thought the grips felt like hard plastic. Have heard about options from Grip Puppies to Oray Grips. Anyone seen a grip in the Scrambler green color?

As a dirt bike rider, I really like the high front fender. It looks like there is zero protection from rain and mud so I'll add the carbon fiber front mud guard which should look okay since it is black and won't stand out too much. If anyone has added this and has any comments about fitment or a before after photo please post.

It looks like the evaporation canister removal will be pretty simple. I have read a thread or three on this as well as a million other Scrambler related topics. Great forum and so far I have not seen one thread polluted with e-arguing. Knock on wood.

Maiden voyage this weekend in North Idaho. I can't wait.

Thanks for any tips.

NC

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
All the parts your referenced are completely interchangeable, easy stuff.

EVAP removal is also dead-easy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The stock grips are so-so. I've been living with them until the heated grips are available but if I had to change them, I'd go with the Spider Peak grips. Have them on all my other bikes and they grip really well while reducing vibrations.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
We can install the Classic front and rear fenders on any model of the Scrambler, right? Thanks.

Sarah

·
Registered
589 Posts
The stock grips are soft rubber, but I found the two ridges they have really uncomfortable. I swapped mine for some Oxford soft touring grips which are excellent ;-) The stock rear numberplate hanger unbolts easily from the swingarm.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The stock grips are soft rubber, but I found the two ridges they have really uncomfortable. I swapped mine for some Oxford soft touring grips which are excellent ;-) The stock rear numberplate hanger unbolts easily from the swingarm.
I had the same problem with the ridges on the black stock ones on my classic, when taking them off to fit the tamer, I noticed that underneath is smooth and has ducati logo, now surely THAT is the part that you rest your hand on, and guess what they are so much better!!! I reckon the factory are just shoving them on not actually looking to see the makeup of the grips1
But I have just ordered Bitwell thruster gr ips in brown that matches the seat and has a diamond pattern as well they are also better cushioned. ( I know I'm being a bit of a tart but I likes them see!) :biggrin-new:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts