Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had fender discussions before, some of us have wished for a bit more coverage from the start. Here's a factory fender off a 2006 Triumph Bonneville America, which also has an 18" front wheel. I lucked up and found it on Ebay used but in good shape, and in black. It's made of ABS plastic, lightweight and seems pretty tough. It's lighter than ever now since we trimmed a bit off the sides to get rid of the Triumph mounting holes and allow it to fit down on the Scrambler brackets. I tweaked the fender-mounting points on the brackets to better match this fender, just slipped the jaws of an adjustable wrench over the bracket and levered it a bit this way and that. You may need a rubber washer or two to get it just right. I've had this on the bike for nearly 6,000 miles and have been very happy with it.

Sarah
DSCN4375.JPG
DSCN4376.JPG

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sarah,

As usual, I really like your mod's. I fitted a plastic liner to my Classic rear fender but haven't found a good front fender to keep crap off the engine and headlight. This looks perfect. I'll look around for a used one like you did.

Have fun

Phil

·
Registered
18 Posts
IMG_3050.PNG
Sarah, I have searched high and low for a fender like this for my icon. I ended up buying a fender extender and it works ok. I would much prefer a "full" fender like this. Thanks for posting! Here is mine.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There you go, Scooter. I put Classic fenders on mine first thing, but couldn't find an extender to fit.
Phil, I have a Dollar Store floor mat zip-tied up under my rear fender, wish I could find something better.

Sarah

·
Registered
79 Posts
There you go, Scooter. I put Classic fenders on mine first thing, but couldn't find an extender to fit.
Phil, I have a Dollar Store floor mat zip-tied up under my rear fender, wish I could find something better.

Sarah
Sarah, Just buy some 1/16 ABS sheet from a plastics store and make one like I did. Basically you rip a piece on a table saw the width of the inside of the fender. I cut it off beyond the license plate and rounded it. Took a little more fitting on the front and I used a heat gun to flow it into the fender. Had to remove the fender but it's easy. Just line up the obvious screw holes and screw it into place on the front and use the license plate bolts for the rear. From the side it is nearly invisible and being black it's not terrible from the rear. Way better in wet or mud.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure it is, that sounds perfect, thanks. I've noticed the area under the seat stays clean and dry since I've added the mat.

Sarah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts