Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I own a Scrambler, a Diavel and a Multistrada. I can tell you that a Multi will do this journey an order of magnitude more easily. I would even rather take the Diavel (with the right set of tires and luggage) than the Scrambler.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
You don't need a windscreen (yet he has one), and he also has rotopax for added fuel range. You guy never read Lois Pryce's books? Downsizing is rightsizing...

Bunch of pessimists.... :neglected:

I bet he'll be fine, and have a helluva journey! I'm following him on Instagram

·
Registered
211 Posts
You don't need a windscreen (yet he has one), and he also has rotopax for added fuel range. You guy never read Lois Pryce's books? Downsizing is rightsizing...

Bunch of pessimists.... :neglected:

I bet he'll be fine, and have a helluva journey! I'm following him on Instagram
I don't doubt it's doable - I would love him to achieve it and in record time. Hey any promo of the Scrmabler brand is cool in my book.

My point is that it seems un-necessarily more difficult on a DS. I just don't see the point in choosing that tool for this job. A Multi with 10k miles on the clock will cost the same and carry less risk of failure.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I've met people who did this on bikes ranging from a KTM 660 Rally, BMW GS (of course) to a DR650 or a Yamaha XT250 or R1.

And tbh, there's no such thing as failure, is it? Whatever happens you deal with, it's not a race.

I really don't understand what's wrong with a DS (or any middle weight class bike). It can handle rough roads, it ain't light, but ain't heavy either. It has enough oomph for gobbling up miles. Soft luggage is found to be a good choice by many travellers.

I'm pretty sure he'll have a better time on the bike than I have behind my keyboard.... just saying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts